1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Between Two Thieves

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Mar 11, 2023.

1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree but is that how it worked out in your view?

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two fallacies are commonly found around the cross of Christ, on the one hand, Easy Believism and the claim it is easy to find the narrow way that leads to life, and on the other hand, Impossible Believism and the claim the lost cannot find the narrow way that leads to life.

Both are unbiblical false doctrines and should be discarded based on a study of God's word.

Matthew 7:13-14
    “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Did anyone say all lost souls respond to the gospel? Nope
    Does Reformed Theology falsely claim no lost soul is able to respond to the gospel because they are spiritually dead? Yes
    Note how now the doctrine of being unable to understand the gospel has morphed into able to temporarily respond while dead in sins. I kid you not, they say whatever supports their fiction.

Did anyone say the lost are able to seek God at all times? Nope. Why the claim? Because it could mean that someone claimed the lost seek God all the time, which is absolutely false. Or it could mean the lost are able to seek God some of the time, which is true for soils #2, 3 and 4 of Matthew 13.
    Did the poster say why Paul spoke using spiritual milk as to men of flesh? Nope

Here is the false scripture of Reformed Theology:
    1) "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God at any time." Romans 3:11
    2) "But the natural man receiveth not all the things of the Spirit of God: 1 Corinthians 2:14
    3) "When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can seek God?” Matthew 19:25

Ask yourselves, when soil #2 received the gospel with joy, was the person receiving "the things" of the Spirit of God? The answer of course is YES!! And therefore the doctrine of "Impossible Believism" is false.

In summary:
    John 6:28-29 (NET)
    So then they said to him, "What must we do to accomplish the deeds God requires?"
    Jesus replied, "This is the deed God requires - to believe in the one whom he sent."

It is not easy, but it is not impossible!!!

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now lets turn to Luke 19:11-27, and the parable of talent usage.

The Lord does not bestow resources evenly but does expect each to utilize what he or she has been given such that profit accrues to the Lord. And if we are given little, if we do not utilize it, even that will be taken away. Recall the first soil of Matthew 13, and how through the practice of sin, the sinner hardened his or her heart such that even the limited spiritual ability he or she had was lost. And of course, if some reject not just believing in the Lord, but also reject serving (i.e. Easy Believism) they were never saved, but end up being slayed.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is it you agree on? How do you think you understand my view?

5. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ?? What you said, "to the Jew first and also to the gentile." I agree with that.

I did not say I understand your view, I just said I agree with that one statement? I think I can agree with your statement above without understanding your view.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Matthew 13 instructs us in the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven. It is a series of mysteries because the Jews had rejected the promised earthly visible kingdom, which was "at hand" by rejecting the King. The kingdom promised was a kingdom where every citizen must have been previously born again before entering. Since only a small number came to the Jesus, the Messiah, this mystery form of the kingdom was established after his targeted citizens killed him. The King would be away during his reign over this Kingdom and would not be addressed by his subjects as King, since king implies earthly boundaries, which he will have later, but he will be addressed as Lord. He is the Lord Jesus.
    and he is not addressing us in person but though some men he has instructed to tell us what to do: Take a look at us gentiles, who have been received into this mystery form of the kingdom.

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
    17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
    18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
    26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.
    27 It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

Well, just WOW! I hope you understand what he is saying there.

So, this kingdom is necessitated because of a lack of laborers in the former harvest where the decision was made by the laborers to kill the Messiah and take the wares in chapter 12.A curse was given to those laborers because they were serving the wrong father. There could be no kingdom with these guys because they held sway over the whole nation.

This is a new planting in chapter 13 and the field is described in four ways.

Jerusalem, Judaea, Samaria, and the gentiles. It is almost time for harvest once again and there is nothing to gather in the first three parts of the field, and not much to gather anywhere. That woman with the leaven has greatly affected the harvest and there are tares taking the nutrients out of the soil and hindering the growth of the wheat.

7. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, it is interesting to me that in Matt 13 the woman with the leaven she is hiding in 3 measures of meal is waiting until it slowly works to corrupt the whole loaf. In any case we see that trinity signature on the meal. It is three measures, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, the ethnic division of the whole world. Get this; she is the 4th of the 7 parables in Matt 13 and just by chance (tee-hee) there is a Jezebel in the 4th church in the Revelation that has been allowed to teach. Jesus took exception to it and it cost the church something and affected others besides itself. There is also a woman riding around on a beast in Re 17 and a queen of heaven since the days of Nimrod and the tower of Babel and continuing all through the OT times and I just suspect all these women are one and the same. Today she has a pope and a bunch of children.

This is incredible, and I think, instructive.

8. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just so some will not think my claims for the meal is fanciful, I will post the instructions for the 4th feast in the 7 annual feasts of Israel. It is prophetic and interesting. It is called the feast of weeks and we know it as the feast of Pentecost means 50 and when you see the instructions for it's observance you can see why.

15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; (feast of unleavened bread, the 3rd feast just before the first of three festivals) seven sabbaths shall be complete: (49 days)
    16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.
    17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; (this means it is ground up and has no distinctive grains) they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.
    18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD.
    19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings.
    20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest.
    21 And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.
    22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God.

The two loaves represent the Jewish loaf and the gentile Loaf. Ground up meal equals the oneness of the loaves and the leaven that is in it describes that sin still remains in the loaves. This is the feast of the Lord that prefigures the beginning of the church composed of Jews and gentiles but not perfected yet.

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pure made unBiblical nonsense. Isaiah 53 and Jeremiah 31:31-34 stands against this nonsense.

10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the explaining yourself In depth and scholarly.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now lets turn to Luke 19:11-27, and the parable of talent usage.

The Lord does not bestow resources evenly but does expect each to utilize what he or she has been given such that profit accrues to the Lord. And if we are given little, if we do not utilize it, even that will be taken away. Recall the first soil of Matthew 13, and how through the practice of sin, the sinner hardened his or her heart such that even the limited spiritual ability he or she had was lost. And of course, if some reject not just believing in the Lord, but also reject serving (i.e. Easy Believism) they were never saved, but end up being slayed.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Matthew 7:13-14
    “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Did anyone say all lost souls respond to the gospel? Nope

Did anyone say the lost are able to seek God at all times? Nope.

Did the poster say why Paul spoke using spiritual milk as to men of flesh? Nope

Here is the rewritten scripture of Reformed Theology:
    1) "There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God at any time." Romans 3:11
    2) "But the natural man receiveth not all the things of the Spirit of God: 1 Corinthians 2:14
    3) "When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can seek God?” Matthew 19:25

Ask yourselves, when soil #2 in Matthew 13, received the gospel with joy, was the person receiving "the things" of the Spirit of God? The answer of course is YES!! And therefore the doctrine of "Impossible Believism" is false.

In summary:
    John 6:28-29 (NET)
    So then they said to him, "What must we do to accomplish the deeds God requires?"
    Jesus replied, "This is the deed God requires - to believe in the one whom he sent."

It is not easy, but it is not impossible!!!