1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BHO Admits Muslim's in His Family

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Or maybe you'll admit that you are spreading lies and inuendo. And maybe monkeys will fly out of my hat.

This is why those of you with the mistaken idea that the First Amendment is one way, that it doesn't prohibit religion from being involved in our government should rethink your mistaken ideas. Separation is a two-way wall that protects us from the scenario you describe. The free exercise clause protects religion from government intrusion; the establishment clause protects the government from religious intrusion.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No, it's not crossing the line. I wrote something and then thought better of it.. What I wrote in my reaction to your post was over the line, thence the dots.......

As you your post, several people have summed it up better than I could. Everyone knew Obama had muslin family members. If I met someone here in NH that was French I could guss they have French-Canadian people in their family..

What's the news? What's the big deal?

Just because you saw it on the TV you want to make it news? Go read your bible more and post threads that bash Obama with something that matters... like his stance on abortion. That is something of substance, that we most all can agree on is bad and we know where Obama stands.

Why pick fights about the "stupid" stuff... That is how he got elected in part to start with. The right wing focused entirely TOO MUCH on the stupid stuff that the "good"(bad) stuff got lost in the cycle....

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. So much time was spent on silliness that we neglected the real dangers.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

rbell hit the nail solidly on the head!
    (not your head... rd2... :) not your head:wavey: )

The news makes something of it now, its distracting filler and provides 'talking points' for the shills which supposedly represent themselves as spokesmen for the political or idealogical opposition.... conservative, christian, etc..

Trouble is, they take a point which is non-news or should be realitively minor compared to important things really going on... and make the constituents of the opinion shills, who's positions they seem to represent, appear more extreme and emotionally triggered, while supplying us with few or no facts which would validate their/our position. It serves a useful purpose of giving us focus or emphasis on a non-issue, distracting us from real issues, and in agreeing and repeating their discussions, we too appear to focus on issues which we cannot effect or change..... and appears to discredit our position on things which are of importance.

[This information was available all during BHO's campaign, whether it was published on the major network's or not, I don't know (because I don't depend on any of them for much information). Realistically, it would not be part of his campaign emphasis.]

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there was never any real doubt, was there?

6. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

No, there was never a doubt in my mind.

If we're preaching to the choir about things which are already generally known.... what good does it do other than set ourselves up as alarmist, and people who hash and rehash without bringing anything new to the table.

If we try to convince others who differ with our idealogy.... when they already have the same information that we do.... it does nothing to change their mind and just sets them in their own determination that we are extremist, or alarmist, or paranoids, and they become more stubborn in receiving credible information from us: Give 'em space to see things for themselves: If some then come to the point of their own dissatisfaction, disappointment, and disillusionment.....perhaps then they'll be ready for our message or ready to hear the answers. Til those who ignored the caution signs, get disturbed by the circumstances to which their choices led them, they will not be interested in any other message or solution than in the one they are already convinced.

7. MorganT

MorganT New Member

All things happen, are in the will of God. Lets not forget who is in contol here. Im not worried at all because God is in control. Obama is president because God allowed him to be. I ask that everyone lift his name up to God in prayer.

1Co 3:18-23 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool so that he may be wise. (19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written, "He takes the wise in their own craftiness." (20) And again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain." (21) Therefore let no one glory in men. For all things are yours, (22) whether it is Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours, (23) and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

Eph 1:20-23 which He worked in Christ in raising Him from the dead, and He seated Him at His right hand in the heavenlies, (21) far above all principality and authority and power and dominion, and every name being named, not only in this world, but also in the coming age. (22) And He has put all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, (23) which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Php 2:12-16 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, cultivate your own salvation with fear and trembling. (13) For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. (14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings, (15) so that you may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation. Among these you shine as lights in the world, (16) holding forth the Word of Life, so that I may rejoice with you in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain nor labored in vain.

Col 1:16-17 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him. (17) And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

I promise you this in the End, Jesus will get the Glory as he always does and then we can all say what verse 7 says
    2Ti 4:5-8 But you watch in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fully carry out your ministry. (6) For I am already being poured out, and the time of my release is here. (7) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith. (8) Now there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that Day; and not to me only, but also to all those who love His appearing.

We shouldnt worry about anything Obama is not in control of anything except what God has given him control over.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I will agree that all things are under the authority of God's power....... but I do not concur that all things are in his will: Some things are in his will, and some things are by his will allowed.... but not in his will.

But excellant post and encouraging and appropriate scripture, MorganT!

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This board is so touchy lately you'd think it would bruise from blowing it a kiss.

I haven't seen so much thought on majoring on the minors since I was thinking about changing my major to liberal arts back in college.

Blatant slander and racial bias? OK! A very mild term offensive to about 1% of the population? BOO, HISS!

:rolleyes:

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This just in...everyone probably has unbelievers in their family...

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So that is all he's done in 6 days Donna or is that all you will give home credit for doing?