1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BHO's Faith in his own words

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bible-boy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

http://www.christianadc.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=38840

I know we have talked about BHO's interview with the Chicago Sun-Times regarding his faith previously. However, I ran across the above linked material and thought it provided some good points to consider. What do you think of BHO's apparent attempt to embrace "Christianity" while at the same time rejecting the exclusivity of Christ?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is not a Christian

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I think he believes in Christ as his savior and could be a great advocate for the cause IF he would get under good solid teaching. It is a shame that the man who lead him to Christ was not a good representative of biblical teachings. I don't hold that against Obama. I believe he can still know the Lord as his personal savior.

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Just like most Pols (not to mention salesmen), BHO will say anything to get elected. Just goes to show he realizes the import of the evangelical vote.

How unfortunate that many evangelicals will swallow his kool-aid.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

So how is it that a believer, who is indwelled by the power of the Holy Spirit, can directly contradict God's Word and renounce the exclusivity of Christ for salvation?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He's pro-choice. He has no chance at an Evangelical endorsement...

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Bad teaching...

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Good thread, and this seems to be a common trend amongst many politicians. The 'all roads' comment in the interview virtually echo Pres Bush's word in an interview in 2004.

It is very difficult to determine, in either case, whether it is poor teaching, or a true lack of faith.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus being the only way is basic to the faith.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He's not looking for 'endorsements', he's looking for votes. And unfortunately, just like with Carter back in '76 there are 'evangelicals' who will vote for him because he claims to be 'saved'- especially black evangelicals in this case.

11. Bob Dudley

Bob Dudley New Member

Wow! I just finished reading the interview. I think, as best as anyone can tell, Obama is NOT saved. He seems to have embraced (at times) a false religion that uses Christian vocabulary but it does not look like he has ever understood that he is a sinner, that there is a punishment for EVERYONE, that Christ died for his sins, that Jesus is the ONLY way to heaven and he MUST (and EVERYONE that wants an eternity in heaven MUST) accept the atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

This interview is the clearest testimony of his NOT being a true, born again, believer in Jesus Christ.