1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by scraver, Apr 30, 2003.

1. scraver

scraver New Member

I realize that most Baptist denominations take a stance against modern-day prophesying and tongues, but I'm interested in knowing if there is a Baptist Bible College that does not hold that view. Or even if there is a Baptist school that holds a neutral view on the subject.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mayhap, you would find one among the Free Will Baptists. Otherwise, those Baptists that did take that turn in the theological road joined the Assembly of God folks.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The next logical question is, WHY would you want such a school? :eek:

Serious question.

4. scraver

scraver New Member

In a a statement of faith/doctrine from the Free Will Baptists- "We believe that speaking in tongues as a visible sign of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is an erroneous doctrine to be rejected. Any implication of a "second work of grace" has never been tolerated in our fellowship of churches, and will not be permitted." I do not believe that view is scriptural and I do not agree with the Assem. of God doctrine either.

5. scraver

scraver New Member

To follow the Good Shepherd.

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

To follow the Good Shepherd. </font>[/QUOTE]Did I miss that passage where Christ spoke in tongues?

7. scraver

scraver New Member

My original inquiry was about Baptist Bible Colleges. I'm just interested in knowing if such a school/schools exist.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Topic has been started by a non-Baptist in a Baptist only area. After failure to comply with BB Rules, this topic will be closed.