1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Comparison information

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Thinkingstuff, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those bible scholars out there. What are your views on the Latin Vulgate, Sixto Clementine Latin Vulgate, the Douay-Rheims Challoner revision in comparison with the More modern Protestant translations of the NIV, NAS, etc... A critical comparison would be nice. For the KJO crowd I don't buy your wares. I want factual critical comparisons. Not Onlyism thank you.

Keep in mind I'm not really wanting to argue a point but trying to obtain some good information and leads. I'm in study mode. I may, however, object vehemently to the KJO people.

#1 Thinkingstuff, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2008
  2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I really wish I could help you here, but unfortunately I cannot, knowing no Latin.

When I reached HS and had the opportunity to take the course, I found out that Latin had killed off the Romans, so I decided I wouldn't give it another such opportunity. ;) :laugh:

Ed

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Too bad Ed. I was looking to hear some great discussion about this topic.