1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Modesty - Part 1

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herb Evans, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Yes, Amy didn't you know it works in the same way as if you let boys and girls swim in the same pool someone could end up being with an illegitamate child.:rolleyes:

Bro Tony

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I never said that there were no homosexuals before, I just think you ought not invite them over to entertain your children and let your children dress like them. Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, why encourage it?

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What? It can't be more than one reason? Is it alright for Christian men to wear dresses brother Tony?

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Some of the reasoning in this thread is ridiculous.

Why I bet homosexuals even use the internet and computers too, you better run away from yours quickly:rolleyes:

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

It's all funny until its your own life that is affected, your own family.

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

You have a problem with men wearing kilts? What I find crazy is that you automatically assume that pants = masculine clothes. I would have trouble with a man who always wore women's slacks as much as I would one wearing women's dresses.

Bro Tony

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You mean it's the parent's fault a child is gay because they put pants on her?
    Huh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It has to do with neither. It has to do with the fact the person lives in sin, and is not a Christian.

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

It was never an issue before some enlightened soul invented "women's slacks".

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There is nothing funny about flawed thinking when it comes to Christianity.

12. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Christians live in sin all day long, and as we have found out recently even pastors struggle with homosexuality. If you think being a Christian is going to keep sodomy out of your home, you are mistaken. Being a Christian that follows the bible may be of some help.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Not in my home, baloney.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'd still like to know who wore pants in the OT? Maybe it was Moses. Pants would have been better suited for mountain climbing.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Daniel 3:21
    21 Then these men were bound in their coats, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

16. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No Bro James it is not funny at all. Neither is it wise to makes associations where they don't exist. The lost world looks and shakes their heads when they hear someone say "if you let your daughters wear pants, they are likely to become lesbians..." It is not funny that we have people in the homosexual lifestyle, it is not funny that we have so many young people with illegitamate children. And it is definately sad that the church is not dealing with the heart problem, like Jesus did, but rather has decided to act like the pharisee and put alot of legalistic requirements on people supposing that these rules will keep someone right with God. God changes the heart and from that people walk in His way, that is how it works. We need to follow Him not some man-made narrow mis-interpretation of His Word.

Bro Tony

17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Not hardly. There aren't many Christians that think like I do. At least that I'm aware of.

You contradict yourself in your own post. You say being holy as God is Holy is not following a set of rules and then you quote Scripture that says if you love Me you will follow My rules.

I don't say following the rules is legalistic. That is what you have said and then you try to say that it's not. Someone needs to make up their mind :) Is following the rules legalistic or not?

Now granted if someone is making up their own set of rules then that is legalistic, but that's not what I'm talking about. Following God's guidelines is what we are supposed to do and there are consequences for those that do and there are consequences for those that don't.

If they allow Him to.

True, but what about those "saved" teenagers that are dressing immodestly when going to church? Is one just supposed to set idly by without making mention of anything and let them continue to dress the way they do? What about the parents? Is one just supposed to sit idly by and not say anything to the parent for letting their kids dress that way. Or what about the parent that is dressing that way?

Just becuase one is saved doesn't mean they will dress the right way automatically!

18. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

It still isn't a problem except for those who have created a problem with women wearing slacks that were made for women.

Bro Tony

19. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's because the church doesn't see there is a heart problem.

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Who cares what the lost world thinks? Letting your daughters dress like the lost world is a heart problem. You ought to care more about your children than the lost world cares about theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.