1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Preservation

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by kman, Dec 4, 2002.

1. kman

kman New Member

How would you define the doctrine of bible preservation (that God would exercise providential care to preserve His Word throughout the ages)?

What scripture(s) would you use to back up your view?

Do you think this preservation extends to the "truth" represented by His Word..or down to every single word..or down to almost every word?

I don't have a hidden agenda..I've been studying this doctrine and would appreciate any input.

peace,
    kman

2. Fisherman

Fisherman New Member

first: faith
    2 Tim 2:15
    2Tim 3:16
    Acts 1:16
    2 Pt.1:21
    Mt.4:4
    Mk.12:10
    Jn.7:42 ; 17:17

some of the basics,yes i believe every bit of the bible, Faith, but i try to follow 2 Tim.2:15

3. Forever settled in heaven

in Ps 119:89 God promises to preserve it forever in heaven. i assume this is the perfect original, if that's important for anyone here.

on earth God preserves it thru a plethora of documents, incl the multiple KJB revisions, MSS underlying the TR, DSS, LXX, Byz MSS, Alex codices, papyri, ostraca, etc. none of these can individually claim to be identical to the heavenly original, but all shd have some claim to Scriptural authority (2Tim 3:16), albeit their having 2% or so minor substantial variance one with another.

4. AV Defender

AV Defender New Member

Psalms 12:6-7 & 138:2(AV)

[ December 05, 2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: JYD ]

5. jimslade

jimslade Guest

The verse tells it all.

Forever settled in HEAVEN!

Not forever settled on Earth in English in the KJV.