1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Question.

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Ehud, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The KJV. However the KJV is not infallible, but accurate translation. The autographs were infallible.

3. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

This is complete nonsense. Logically, if your statement is true, then the originals are not infallible. Infallible originals + accurate translation = infallible translation.

4. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Who is infallible? God or KJV translators? God inspired His Words in the autographs of the OT and the NT. The KJV translators produced the KJV. If the KJV is infallible, were these KJV translators infallible during they were still sinners?

5. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Let's start listing some of the fallible places in the KJV. Is John 3:16 fallible? Which words of John 3:16 are fallible? How much of the KJV is fallible? Would you say most of it is fallible, or most of it is infallible?

6. Ehud

Ehud New Member

Keith M Just another Opinion

Wow this makes allot of sense. Thanks for your opinion. Next time, "Just the Facts" :sleeping_2:
    I have not mentioned anything about KJVO. This is not allowed. Stop bringing up the KJVO or this thread will be shut down.

Keith you need to take a logic class this is bad logic at its best.

You ask me to quote just 1 and then "even if I can" What do you want keith.

You are too radical for me. Are you sure you are not NIV positive.

EHUD & CO. :godisgood:

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Are you sure that and edition of the King James Version, and actually was not either the King David Version or the Bill Clinton Version?? :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, that was just too good an opportunity to pass up!

Ed

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Apparently so, since I notice you were baited, took the bait, and got "dragged back into this". With all respect, C4K, don't fall for these tactics, by some. And you are no doubt correct, in another place where you said the poster did not know your views, even though I cited you on them, from another post of yours, at another time to the particular poster.

'Course I know that you do understand (even if some others do not) that actually reading the posts is necessary to understand what one believ...

Ed

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

None of John 3:16 is fallible. Ok, let us look at a few passages from two KJV Bibles. They contradicted each other then they are fallible. Jeremiah 34:16 -- He vs ye; 2 Chronicles 33:19 -- sin vs sins; Nahum 3:16 -- flieth vs fleeth.

#49 Askjo, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
  10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

See, every so often even I get dragged back into this. As usual we got back into the same merry go round. As promised am closing it at the end of page 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.