1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bible quiz?????

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by awaken, Sep 7, 2012.

1. awaken

awaken Active Member

1. Q: In the six days during which God created everything, each day had an evening and a morning. Therefore, on which day did God create the sun?

2. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

God created the sun on the third day, proving that light can exist without the sun. He will prove it again in the new heaven and earth when the sun will no longer exist and Christ will the light therein.

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

So was Christ the light before the sun was created, too?

I thought the sun was created on the fourth day?

Although there were evenings and mornings from the very first day (Genesis 1:5,8,13), the sun wasn't created until the fourth day.

"And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights-- the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning-- the fourth day." (Genesis 1:13-19)

4. Bronconagurski

My bad, you are right, day four. Regardless, the question is where did the light come from? The bible doesn't say. I can't explain it, but I believe it.

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

What did Eve eat, which she was commanded not to?
    Careful..some of these can be tricky...:laugh:

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Chocolate? :tongue3:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No one would dare even suggest that.....

8. awaken

awaken Active Member

We have always heard that Eve ate an apple. However, the Bible says that Eve ate the "fruit of the tree" (Genesis 3:3,6,12). The name of the fruit is never identified. Since it was the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and not the fruit of an apple tree, it was probably not an apple.

"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

Anyone else want to post question? I love to dig for answers!

9. awaken

awaken Active Member

How did the serpent move around in the Garden of Eden?

10. awaken

awaken Active Member

Well, I would have been tempted myself on that one!:laugh:

11. Bronconagurski

Well, it didn't crawl on its belly, so I assumed it walked. The bible does not say.

12. awaken

awaken Active Member

True...The Bible doesn't say how the serpent moved around, but apparently it walked on legs because it was only after sin entered the world that God caused the serpent to crawl on its belly.

"Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate." So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.""" (Genesis 3:13-14)

13. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I think he walked on legs. God cursed him to crawl on his belly after he deceived Eve.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life."

Are we sure that has always been translated correctly? If it had to crawl on its belly, shouldn't it have been cursed below the livestock and animals?

15. awaken

awaken Active Member

Here is one...
    God created Adam and Eve, and Adam and Eve had Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:1-2). Then Cain's wife gave birth to Enoch (Genesis 4:17). Where did Cain's wife come from?

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

She came from Eve.

17. awaken

awaken Active Member

You guys are good!
    Some people say that God probably made other people after He made Adam and Eve. However, Adam named his wife Eve because she would become the mother of all the living. Since Eve was the mother of all people, God did not create other humans anywhere else on earth. That leaves only two possibilities: Cain's wife was either his sister or else she was some other descendant of Adam and Eve.

"Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living." (Genesis 3:20)

18. awaken

awaken Active Member

Who is the first tailor mentioned in the Bible?

19. Gabriel Elijah

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good questions--I've been teaching a series on Gen 1-11 over the past couple of months--& have come across some very interesting "biblical possibilities" when it comes to answering the things your talking about

20. awaken

awaken Active Member

I start a Bible study next Wednesday on Genesis! I love the book of beginnings! So much hidden manna there! Maybe we can open a thread about the book of Genesis and gather information from each other!