1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Senders updates 2008

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TheBibleSender, Apr 9, 2008.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Here is a short update about what we have been up to in the last few months.

From Jan-Mar We sent out 339 Bibles, 81 Scripture Books, 3,124 Tracts, 25 DVD's, 113 Books

Bible Senders Ministry to date. 8,807 Bibles, 1,833 New Testaments, 53,675 Scripture Books, 894,598 Tracts, 3,243 Bible Studies, over 385 Christian Films, over 3,396 Books and 386 Hymnals

Please pray for us. We are currently trying to raise $20,000 to buy KJV bibles for a missionary in Madagascar. This missionary has the opportunity to teach English in the public schools there and wants lots of bibles to do so. Madagascar has a population of 20 million people and is considered a 4th world country. If you would like more information about hos you can help let me know. God bless. :)

2. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Hello. I just wanted to send out an e-mail to give everyone an update as to what has been happening.

From Apr-June We sent out 1,847 Bibles, 25,055 Scripture Books, 162,805 Tracts, 20 DVD's, 144 Books

Bible Senders Ministry to date. 10,654 Bibles, 1,833 New Testaments, 78,730 Scripture Books, 1,057,403 Tracts, 3,243 Bible Studies, over 405 Christian Films, over 3,540 Books and 386 Hymnals

Praise the Lord we have finally surpassed sending out 10,000 bibles and over 1 million tracts. This may not seem like a big accomplishment compared to some of the bigger ministries but we are thankful for this milestone. Thank you to all who have given and prayed for this ministry.

We are still raising money for bible to send to Madagascar. We will be doing this for a few more week. So if you are interested in giving towards this project you still have time. Please do not use the paypal account as it had someone try to access the account so I am trying to work things out to get access stored. If anyone knows of a better way to receive funds online please let us know.

Thank you to the following people who have recently given. Chad and Bess B., Jody and Stacey B, and Sean P We have currently raised close to $4,500 in which we have already used most to pay for bibles that have been sent to the container. Please again pray that God would allow us to raise the funds needed.

My wife gave birth to our 4th child on July 3 Matthias Ryan Olson. Please pray for him as well as my other 3 children that they will grow up to serve the Lord. Please also pray for my wife who came down with Bell's Palsy.

Please continue to pray that God would supply all of our needs and that we would be able to meet all of the requests we have for scripture.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems to me it would be much better to send a translation that uses current English. It is hard enough to learn English much less trying to learn current English and King James English. I know I would hate to try to learn modern German and have to read old German at the same time. This is not really a criticism, but more of a suggestion.