1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bible Study Questions to Consider:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Van, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another change the subject to me post. This is all the Calvinists have, plus denial of everything.

Here we have a Calvinist posting nonsense, trying to derail discussion of bible study questions.

Matthew 13 comes after the Second Coming? LOLROF
    Did anyone say "half saved?" Nope, so more straw-man fictions hoisted as a smoke screed.
    Did I say God calls the righteous? Nope so more straw-man fictions hoisted as a smoke screed.
    Did I say God chooses a few of those self righteous people? Nope so more straw-man fictions hoisted as a smoke screed.
    What have I said? God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud...

Did the poster say he was not a Calvinist? Yes. Did he say which of the 5 points of the TULIP he disavows? No Siree Bob. :)

2. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if you are a Calvinist that makes me one?

There it is all about you now.

Since you cannot have a decent conversation, why deflect?

If you think Matthew 13 is about the here and now, I may as well "falsely accuse" you of being an Amillennialists as well.

"He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear."

The righteous are given permanent incorruptible physical bodies and live on earth during the Millennium. The wheat are your righteous who were called, but only a few chosen. The tares were burned up. When it comes to the sheep and goats, the goats were called, but few (the sheep) chosen.

Yet you seem to apply this to the whole of humanity. How do you think this parable about a marriage supper is supposed to work?

You call it a dirty little secret.

Then just willy nilly apply it to all creation? Then refuse to explain your self.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did anyone see where which of the five points of the TULIP were denied? Neither did I.
    Did anyone see how many times "you" was used to change the subject to me, rather than the topic? About six times!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    7) Does the "from our point of view" dodge really resolve the conflict over when we were chosen, after we believed or before creation? Answer: Nope.

We know that once we were "not a people" (1 Peter 2:9-10) so we had to exist after creation as not yet chosen for this to be true. Therefore, the claim we were chosen individually rather than corporately before creation is obviously unbiblical. And just what condition does God use? Our faith in Christ if credited as righteousness by God. Thus our salvation depends of God and not on ourselves, but our faith does provide our access to God's grace. Romans 5:1-2

#24 Van, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    8) Does scripture say no one would ever make the right choice unless God supernaturally intervened and caused that choice? (Revelation 3:20, Joshua 24:15, Hebrews 3:7-8, 2 Corinthians 3:5)

Rev 3:20
    ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Here the implication is some lost people are able to here the voice of Christ and affirmatively respond.

Jos 24:15
    “But if it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served, which were beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Here the ability to choose good or evil is presented, as well as that some choose good.

Heb 3:7-8
    Therefore, just as the Holy Spirit says,
    “TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE,

DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS AS WHEN THEY PROVOKED ME,
    AS ON THE DAY OF TRIAL IN THE WILDERNESS,

Here once again scripture proclaims some can hear the voice of God, and remain open to His words by not choosing to harden their hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:5
    Not that we are adequate in ourselves so as to consider anything as from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,

Here our post salvation adequacy to be effective ambassadors of Christ to lost humanity is proclaimed, thus our adequacy from God in our pre-salvation state to respond affirmatively to the milk of the gospel is suggested.

Bottom line: Our scripture indicates the lost have the capacity to hear and affirmatively respond to God's fundamental revelations, the milk of the gospel.