1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Study?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Tank, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Tank

Tank New Member

I was just wondering were could I get some free bible study on the internet? I am in Iraq and we have started a bible study on Friday nights and the group wants me to give a devotion. I gave one before that I wrote myself and everyone said that i did good and want me to give another, but I just haven't came up with any ideas because I want a bible study that they will remember in the future and not something they are going to forget ten min. after the leave the bible study. I do have to say that I accomplished that goal on my first devotion because my roommate gave a devotion last friday and he said that while he was studying he got to a part and he remembered what I was saying from my devotion. Which I gave my devotion about 5 or 6 months ago.

2. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

http://members.aol.com/twarren10/bible.html
    Blessings!

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Tank,

If you would like Bible study from several different theological viewpoints of a theologically conservative perspective, check out this website:

http://e-sword.net/

You can either use it online, or download the individual modules; all but a few of them are free.

And welcome to the Baptist Board! [​IMG]

I pray that we will be a blessing to you, and you to us.

[​IMG]

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tank

First, thank you for your service. We appreciate what you are doing and pray for God's protection.

If you are on the internet alot, I have heard of a bible called "netbible". I am certain you could search and find it easily. The way I understand it, it is an ongoing commentary on the bible by various scholars. Each gives their reasons for interpreting the passages the way they do.

Good luck and God Bless

peace to you [​IMG]

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.bible.org/
    This is a great resource site and the net bible is a tab on the left sidebar if you are interested.

6. bro_ken128

bro_ken128 New Member

Tank,
    It depends on the type of Bible study you want. The best is the one you may have in your hands. The Holy Bible. Read the scriptures take note and leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Dear Tank,
    e-sword and Bible.org are great sites with many resources. You might want to add http://www.biblecentre.org that would give you a great base of materials on the net.
    That would give you many commentaries,Bible dictionaries,encyclopedias,lexicons,concordances,other reference and language works as well.
    You might start your Bible study in the book of John.Then as you all move along pick a book and study it from front to back.I would also make your friends aware of these sites as well so they can study also.

God bless you and all of your comrads in arms,you are our heros and there are many here who pray for you and support you.

8. JohnB

JohnB New Member

As a former Cav tanker (I assume you are a tanker your handle) let me commend you for your service to Christ and your desire to grow and help others grow. I know how hard it is to be a Christian and a trooper, and that it's a hundred times harder in war than in peace.

I will list a few helpful resources. But let me encourage you not to get bogged down in commentaries. Read the Word, interpret it, pray and seek application. Christians are seeking for leaders who are "down to business" with Christ.

I am a big fan of Navigators ( a ministry started for servicemen back in the 30's)and a most phenomenal site is www.discipleshiplibrary.com.
    This is all audio material, hundreds of hours on study, discipleship, and how to disciple others. The Navs motto is "To know Christ and to make Him known."

I would also use Through the Bible at www.ttb.org. You can even download in MP3 all of J Vernon Mcgee's commentaries on the entire Bible (for free.)

I would also recommend Ray Stedman's sermon archive at www.pbc.org. Listen to him or read his transcripts.

Lastly, I would recommend RA Torrey's "How to work for Christ" at http://www.bibleteacher.org/tor_b1a.htm

Torrey explains in the best way I have heard, how to prepare and lead Bible studies.

By the way, when you redeploy stateside, will you be coming to Ft Bliss or Ft Hood?

9. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

10. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Thanks JohnB for the site. The Discipleship site is amazing it has a TON & half of resources.If I could only pick one of the site you suggested that would be the one.

11. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member