1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible study

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jun, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Jun

Jun New Member

So im starting to really understand the meanings in the Bible. 1st general question that ive always been confused is when people imply that Jesus is God and then another time implying that Jesus is the son of God and then theres the other 1 saying that God is the God Almighty
    Sorry this sounds wierd...hope you guys can understand what I mean
    Thank you
    and sorry if this is in the wrong section....its my 1st time so im sorry :(
    God Bless

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I take it you are a fairly new Christian.You can get all of the answers you want by going in the Bible doctrine section.
    Jesus Christ is a part of the Holy Trinity just God The Father and The Holy Ghost are all one God.You will get far better answers in that section and I'm sure Dr. Bob will provide some of the best answers.He not only is well trained but he is fair and balanced(where have I heard that before).

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

sorry you are in the right place. Egg on my face.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Don't be sorry for asking a legitimate question, and in the right section. [​IMG]

There are many passages that deal with the subject.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.
    26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
    30 I and my Father are one.
    31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
    34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
    35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
    36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
    37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
    38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

I remember the first time I had realized this truth, I was astounded and satisfied. [​IMG]

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So you know why he wears that bowtie? [​IMG]