1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible study

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by steveo, Feb 5, 2009.

1. steveo

steveo New Member

Do any of you pastors teach a bible study at a nursing home or retirement community and is there anything I need to be aware of?
    I was asked by some ladies of a retirement center to teach a weekly bible study but I know the center is Episcopilian. I have preached before at different ones but usually after our choir has perfromed a Christmas cantata and had no problem.

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't now, but have in the past. I preach also at a chapel service at a Methodist adult living facility.

I think you're asking if there is any issue with it being Episcopalian. As long as they don't tell me what to teach about the Bible, I would feel free to do the Bible study.

What kind of Bible study do they want?

3. steveo

steveo New Member

Well, some ladies that live there are baptist and they asked me if I would come and lead a bible study. I had to meet with a coordinator of activities and the chaplain of the facility. I told them that I was just going to teach the bible and that I wasn't there to get people to come to our church, and that seemed to satisfy them, at least I hope because I won't back down on teaching the word.