1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biblical Chastening

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by James_Newman, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Ok you go with the KJV Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord LOVETH HE CHASTENETH, AND SCOURGETH every son whom he receiveth. Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 1 Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are CHASTENED of the LORD, that we should not BE CONDEMNED WITH THE WORLD. Brother I do not thank you know the reason God chastise.

2. standingfirminChrist

Great verses! Clearly the saved will not be condemned as the world will be condemned. As a matter of fact, Paul wrote:

and Jesus said:

The saved will not be condemned to outer darkness, hell, or the lake of fire for any period of time! Praise God, He is faithful who promised.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What does this have to do with what we are discussing? I make it a policy never to get personal. But you are questioning my honesty. What is the point of engaging in a discussion then?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No Sir, I was praising you. Have a good night.

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yikes! I don't think I could find anyone more self-controlled, methodical and honest on this board than TC. If I were half as consistent and educated as TC when I was his age, I'd canonized as a saint by now. Okay, we don't canonize saints, but you get my drift, I hope.

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Whew, I misunderstood, too. Sorry.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I was praising him, you both took it wrong. I guess I did a bad job of it, please forgive me both of you.

8. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. Well, since I misunderstood you so terribly, I really need that blood of Christ to cleanse me now.

2. I think my theology wins out here. The blood is available. :thumbs:

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Bob, you are forgiven. I misundertood you too.

10. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

It seems as if you've been listening to npetreley and not us, if this is what you think.

This is only one of the lies that he has repeated.

We have never said such a thing.

But, when you say something enough times, as he has done, then others start believing it.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

TC;
    You still haven't answered the question;

Why was a sin remembered against you, when Jesus said He would not?

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Bob, I work a midnight shift and was watching your posts. When do you sleep?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I've never heard him say that...that would seem to be the natural conclusion of your theology.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are irght here. He has cast all of our sins (at salvation), past, present, and future, behind his back, cast into the depths of the deepest sea, never to be remembered again. They are ALL under the blood.
    That, as you say, is the way you see it; but not the way the Bible teaches, nor the way that God sees it. It teaches two heresies.
    1. It teaches a works salvation--that we end up working our way to heaven.
    2. Most of all it teaches the heresy that the blood of Chriist was not sufficient in the atonement to cover all our sins. That's where the works comes. Because Jesus was utterly incapable of atoning for our sins we have to help him along by doing something. That really is akin to blasphemy in my books. I know you don't see it that way Bob, but that is the way it ends up to be. Either his blood is sufficient for all of our sins or it is not. Which way is it?
    Whether a man is committing adultery, obese, cheating, lying, or whatever, at the time of his death; even if the sin goes unconfessed because of a heart attach or some other sudden circumstance, he will go straight to heaven. If you deny this, you also deny the sufficiency of the blood of Christ to cover all our sins. In the sight of God all sin is a transgression of the law, and therefore equal.

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

He is the only one who has said that.

Had to edit to add: But a couple of other people have parroted him. I assume they did it unintentionally.

16. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. No sin is remembered against me.

2. I'm of the firm belief that all of my sins past, present, and future have been covered by the once-for-all-time atonement of Christ.

3. The sins that I commit in the process of sanctification are all covered and are part of the process of sanctification.

4. Why I still commit them after having a new nature, I will never completely understand? Why didn't God just take me straight to Heaven when I got saved, I will never know?

17. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I had to carry a letter to another association today in Ashland, KY so I had to get up at 4:30 this morning.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So why the chastisement and the advocate with God if we sin?

Not according to scripture.

1 Corth 6:
    9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10: Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I ask you the same thing as DHK; why the chastisement and advocate with God, if they are not to be remembered anymore and are as white as snow at the cross? If He chastises you, He remembers a sin. You call it a process of sanification, but the fact remains, He still remembers it.

20. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Bob, Does God chastise us for our sins?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.