1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden’s Response on Same-Sex Marriage at Odds with Obama Record

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 3, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Obama doesnt "like" evangelicals?

I removed this post so that Roger would be happy.

AJ

#21 ajg1959, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2008
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't see how this is on topic with this thread - but from the evidence I have seen isn't the feeling mutual. I would say he doesn't like conservative Christians and they don't like him.

Is there any evidence that Biden and Obama don't agree on the topic of h0m0sexu@l civil unions?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.sacbee.com/111/v-print/story/1051404.html

Like most things he tries to ride the fence when it is convenient for him.

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

What is the point of not just spelling out homosexual? If we know what you are referring to, then how does misspelling it or hiding it make it any more digestible?

AJ

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The google ads on this site that you see if you do not have ad block are determined by the content in the threads. The word spelled out usually brings out pro homos#xual ads. People are just trying to avoid that.

6. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Oh I didnt know that,

My mother wouldnt say certain words because she thought it was unchristian and wrong to say, so she would either spell those words, or use another word that sounded less offensive. Thats what I thought was going on here.

AJ

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thank you :)

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Mozilla Firefox with ad block is your friend and it is free.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

From your source:

OBAMA: Well, to answer the original question, I would love that child and seek to support them. I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman but I detest the bashing and vilifying of gays and lesbians. Most gays and lesbians are seeking basic recognition of their rights so they're not discriminated against in employment or renting a house, so they can see their partner in a hospital. These are rights for everybody, not just some people.

Like Roger, I don't read the OP quote here.

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Awh ... wasn't that special. The only problem is that it's completely false. They don't lack any "basic" rights. Homosexuals are seeking to justify their sinful conduct by force of law. That's what's so dangerous about the positions such as Obama.

Keep looking for the original post source - it's in there!

#31 Dragoon68, Oct 5, 2008
  12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Easy boy! I never said I agreed with Obama, I just quoted what he said.

So you will know, I don't support same sex marriage. Marriage, according to God is between one man and one woman.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Then you'd best not vote for the likes of Obama because he'll concede to it in the interest of political correctness!

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Why, same sex marriages is not up for a vote this term of office.

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Actually, I haven't decided for certain to vote for Obama. Besides, McCain will carry Texas regardless of who I vote for.

There has been a lot of back and forth here and it is easy to get carried away and worry more about winning than actually looking at what each administration will probably do.

After eight years of Bush, it is easy to simply want to vote against the republicans rather than for the democrats.

16. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

The pressure to legitmize homosexuality by force of law will continue and we need leaders that can stand absolutely firm against it on all fronts.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But Obama endorses civil unions and not same sex marriages. Same as Palin McCain ticket. Remember from the debate.

18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Neither party stands as firmly against it as I think they should but one of the two - the Republicans - tend to stand a bit more against that the other.

One of the sad things about today's politics - and not just in government but in business and everywhere else - is that people lie to themselves and to one another. They don't speak what's really in their hearts. the term "civil unions" is the product of a comprise of principles accomplished by changing the name of the act to something that seems more acceptable yet remains just as wrong. We all know that but we're afraid to proclaim it! Politicians say what they think people want to hear so they'll be more likely to be accepted by everyone. Who wants to support someone who stands firm against what's wrong and for what's right? It's become fasionable to be tolerant of homosexuality and other unacceptable behavior. We rationalize them all in an assortment of ways. It wasn't so just a generation ago. We've changed very quickly. How much more will we "change" before the next generation? How will we be able to teach our children that something is wrong when it's openly accepted in society. Of course, it's not limited to homosexuality either.

#38 Dragoon68, Oct 5, 2008
  19. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

In his own words: "... But we also have to do more to support and strengthen LGBT families. Because equality in relationship, family, and adoption rights is not some abstract principle; it’s about whether millions of LGBT Americans can finally live lives marked by dignity and freedom. That’s why we have to repeal laws like the Defense of Marriage Act. That’s why we have to eliminate discrimination against LGBT families. And that’s why we have to extend equal treatment in our family and adoption laws. ..." - Barrack Obama, letter to Family Equality Council, 8/1/2008

The Family Equality Council is an advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people - homosexuals and is part of the grand plan to make homosexual conduct an accepted way of life using the force of law.

This is part of the "change" we can expect from Obama. He also makes it clear in his speeches and books. At least he's consisently wrong!

#39 Dragoon68, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008