1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden on Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Don, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Daddy is Going to Start to Take the Trainings Wheels Off.'
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...o-start-to-take-the-trainings-wheels-off.html

Once again, I am dumbstruck by the absolute complete non-understanding of what's happening over there.

It's not that the Afghans don't know how to run their own government; it's that they don't know how to run it our way.

It's not that the Afghans don't know how to do things; it's that they don't know how to do them our way.

I've used the analogy before: if someone offers to buy you a soda, would you decline? Most of us would gladly accept a free soda. This is the way of things in Afghanistan: Who's going to say "no" to free equipment, resources, etc., etc.? Who especially is going to say "no" to someone else's troops fighting battles for you? (e.g., Americans & Coalition fighting the Taliban)

Karzai isn't stupid or weak; he's just not American, and doesn't care about America, except for the part about where we keep giving him money and equipment. And who, in their right mind, is going to say "no thanks"?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Exact situation as Bush and Iraq. Offhand, the only countries who have profited from our involvement are Japan, S. Korea, and RoChina.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Beg to differ. If you'll go back and re-read my post, Afghanistan has profited nicely from our involvement.