1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Biden; the Atlantic; and Trump SLAMMING US Military in Wars?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 4, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, based on his comments against Senator McCain....

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes, based on Trump's losse lips over the last four years...

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No way would he disrespect our military.....

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. No comment. But, this story is highly suspicious....

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BIDEN BLOWS HIS TOP OVER SUPPOSED TRUMP COMMENT ON AMERICAN SOLDIERS.....

I don't know about you folks, BUT, when I open my PC and read this article and most recent Trump accusation, I immediately questioned the validity of it. There is no way that President Trump would have made this ludicrous comment, and if he had made this comment, nothing short of his resignation from the Office of President of the United States of America would satisfy me.

So, not only did I have to be angry at the magazine for printing this Enquirer type of garbage, I was even more upset with Biden for permitting himself to not only believe such a ridiculous comment and making an ANGRY attack on President Trump. Because if Biden even had an inkling that this was true, his decision to "blow his stack" over such an unproven comment, invalid comment shows me that Biden would not be deserving of my vote, because I could see him sending nukes to an adversarial country on the basis of a ridiculous, unproven comment. BIDEN SCARED ME, and showed me he was NOT CAPABLE OR WORTHY OF BEING POTUS of these United states of America!

WHAT SAY YOU ON THIS LATEST HATE TRUMP ACCUSATION???

https://www.theatlantic.com/…/trump-americans-who-d…/615997/

2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the accusation against President Trump. The clincher is not the source, the Atlantic, but the fact no one among the retired senior military officers in on the comments has come to the president's defense. The people that might overhear such comments and have sterling reputations are not saying such comments unequivacobaly never happened.

Given the comments against McCain, gold star families, and the Access Hollywood debacle, such comments are not outside the President's character. The very reason in 2016 I was for other candidates in the Republican primary was a lack of discipline and character on the part of President Trump.

This latest news clinches my opinion before my mail in ballot arrives, I'll be voting third party. I'm certainly not supporting a pro-abortion candidate like Biden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article in the Atlantic exhibits two of the most common hallmarks of Fake News: Mind reading and unnamed sources.

Examples:
    Trump’s understanding of heroism has not evolved since he became president. According to sources with knowledge of the president’s views, he seems to genuinely not understand why Americans treat former prisoners of war with respect. Nor does he understand why pilots who are shot down in combat are honored by the military.

Trump finds the notion of military service difficult to understand, and the idea of volunteering to serve especially incomprehensible.

[..]

Kelly (who declined to comment for this story) initially believed, people close to him said, that Trump was making a ham-handed reference to the selflessness of America’s all-volunteer force. But later he came to realize that Trump simply does not understand non-transactional life choices.

“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is rehashing of things settled.

politics as usual with support from the US version of TAAS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They have come to his defense. In fact there are 4 anonymous sources accusing verses 10 on the record sources defending Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the info, do you have a link? I'm amazed since you wouldn't know just reading or watching the news.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Perhaps the most consequential show of support came from the Pentagon on Friday afternoon, when Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the president “has the highest respect and admiration for our nation’s military members, veterans and families. That is why he has fought for greater pay and more funding for our armed forces.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I am now iffy on these accusations. To believe them and influence my vote, the accusers must come forward and explain themselves. Barring that I guess I'll go back to square one I started atg yesterday.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its been on the radio all day but it was discussed by the press sec in a press con today.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watching FOX this AM, the new guy on the panel brought up a great point. Jedidiah was rather adamant that "we don't know ----" whether these statements were made or not, but he commented that knowing the purveyor of the info & the typical MSM response to ANY anonymous dirt on Trump, the report is 99.9% un-believable!!
    AFAIC he hit the nail on the head!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More on this by Forbes. Fox News' Jennifer Griffin is confirming the disparaging statements by President Trump about the men and women in uniform. She cites two senior officials who remain anonymous. The President wants Jennifer Griffin fired, but Fox News is standing by the story.

Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin: ‘My Sources Are Unimpeachable’

I pray the truth is plainly evident no matter what it is. The American people need to know if this is true or a hoax.

If those two sources come forward and explain themselves in a credible way, at least for me, that is the death knell for ever voting for the President. Again, Biden is evil and supports abortion, so he won't get my vote.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It should be generally understood that the president has enemies even in the military, and his friends in the military have the same enemies, as do his friends in general. Welcome to the world of politics.

Trump is obviously pro-America and that is extremely obvious regarding the military. Trump revitalized the military, reversed having transgenders in the military, has judiciously employed the military, improved the Veterans Administration, established the Space Force, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    He may deservingly disparage certain military characters, but Trump is definitely not anti-military. Like Hillary, McCain criticized Trump supporters, outing himself as a despicably low-class politician (redundancy intended). And Mattis failed to respect the Commander-in-Chief, making himself a failure as a general.

If comments were made, they would need context in order to make a judgment. Comments are often made sarcastically or in contrast to what the speaker or author actually believes.

And an isolated phrase from a sentence can be used as desired. For example, you said, "[T]hose two sources explain themselves in a credible way.... [T]he truth is plainly evident…. The American people…know…this is true…." But is that what you really said? No.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not trying to be mean in any way, but that just seems circular in logic to me. It could be said anyone who critiques the President or his allies is just an enemy. The Book of Proverbs tells us to weigh rebukes and not treat rebukers harshly. I'll give the accusers some shrift, especially when even FOX News is saying the comments happened. I need to see more evidence, though, to affect my vote.

I do agree the military now has money for training, which leads to improved readiness. Obama certainly didnt do that. The VA is doing better. The President is moderately social conservative, I wish he would attack gay marriage the same way he opposes "transgender" foolishness.

I guess for me this is not so much about policy but character. I agree with the original poster that if the President did say these things, he lacks the character to be Commander in Chief. I still need to see more evidence to be sure enough to affect my vote.

That said, the truth to me is. This is either the worst hoax in modern American electoral history, truly showing us a depraved media, no matter if Left or Right. Or, it is proof positive America can't put up a Republican or Democrat with the character for the office of President. I hope that all makes sense.

15. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True enough on your last point, again the media, since Left and Right are reporting this, must offer more evidence. This is a monumental charge, and either a despicable hoax or proof of depraved mind.

16. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? The Hillary "Investigation" Hoax, the Mueller Russia Investigation/Report Hoax, the Ukraine Impeachment Hoax all make this a mere blip. The only way to see this as monumental is to believe the nonsensical sensationallism media is infamous for.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The E-mail investigation likely helped tip the scales for Hillary Clinton's defeat by scaring moderates away en masse. Though I do believe those who wiped the hard drives should have faced charges. I honestly believe Mueller did a by the book job on the Russia Investigation. It's just that the Dems and Media sensationalized the findings. The Ukraine Impeachment was stupid and ridiculous. It will go down in history as hyper-partisan and silly.

I called this accusation monumental because the allegation is really serious. Now, maybe I should have been more careful with my word choice. It's just I'm in national security as a career field and an accusation like this is huge in my mind.

18. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, not circular logic, merely a generally true observation. It doesn't mean Trump didn't use certain words, only that without definite context, those words become meaningless.

There are plenty of people that would love to cast Trump in the worst light to defame him. And there are plenty of people that are already doing that.

I could go through posts all over this board, take them out of context, and have people saying things they did not mean. In fact, that happens all over the Internet. Haven't you noticed?

19. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do see that words can be taken completely out of context. It could be the case this is made up. You'll notice I did not choose to oppose the President, unless there is more evidence. We'll see what surfaces.

20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, yes, the real issue--"A Matter of Pride." Rather reminiscent of the old Star Trek episode wherein Scotty keeps the peace while a Klingon disparages the captain, but loses it over insults of the Enterprise. :Wink

Kirk & Scotty after the fight with Klingons

Klingon insults Enterprise in front of Scotty

• Friendly Friendly x 1