1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Biden; the Atlantic; and Trump SLAMMING US Military in Wars?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 4, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, based on his comments against Senator McCain....

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Yes, based on Trump's losse lips over the last four years...

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No way would he disrespect our military.....

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. No comment. But, this story is highly suspicious....

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol, kind of. To be brutally honest, I feel really let down by the President on the Coronavirus crisis. I have been quarantined twice by my doctors. My mom got it and she is very at risk and needed a brief stay at the hospital. She is doing better. I just have lost faith in our #1 leader. Europe is doing better than us, so is Australia and New Zealand. Even China is moving on. There are flare ups over seas, but they are handled smartly. Japan and Sweden never really shut down a day and they are doing better than us. Sweden even refused to shut down to spare their economy.

2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We might have conflicting standards of character. There were two sons…. Jesus commends the ones who did over the ones who only promised (Matthew 21:28-32).

“What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’

“‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

“Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.

“Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

“The first,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.​

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    At some point folks need to realize that Trump isn't the dictator the Dems like to accuse him of being, while they themselves plot to be. This is a country of states with governors responsible for them, and municipalities have mayors even more directly responsible. Blame your state and local leaders most of all. And don't ignore the fact that the Dems and their media intentionally exacerbated the crisis. There are traitors among us, but Trump is not one of them.

But if you want a dictator, keep voting to make it easier for the Dems to move the country that direction. China forcibly locked people in their apartments, but they also unleashed COVID on the world, which they want to dominate. Putin says he has a vaccine—you could move to Russia. Maybe he could test it on you. Belarus never shut down, and had very few official COVID deaths. However, the people are in turmoil, due to their belated realization of reality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What if Trump said that? Would his supporters remain loyal? Would he still be better than a Democrat, especially Biden?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is yet another false charge from the godless left as they present one false story after another. Did Trump remove the bust of MLK? Did Trump collude with Russia? Why anyone would believe unsubstantiated stories that disparage Mr. Trump mid-campaign is beyond me.

Recall the false charges against his SCOTUS nominees. They make it up and the Left wing media echo it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly as I feel. It is suspicious, and one more NASTY attempt as well as a last gasp attempt, to hurt our President.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and yes (in his supporters eyes)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

By character I mean a person that is an evangelical Christian I would welcome to my church. I know democracy and political parties make that almost impossible in this country of mostly unbelievers. Still, I want a strong Christian of strong devotion and a track record of biblical living to be my leader.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good man... I applaud your thinking process!:Thumbsup:Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    David, why do we need to support any flawed human politician when we have the Lord? Isn’t he the true ruler of all?

#31 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 7, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how do you feel he has let you down?

13. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It feels like he should override the governors and local municipalities at this point, since most have no idea what they are doing for the Coronavirus to be so much like a wild fire. I trust the President enough to want a centralized response with everyone forced to follow the CDC guidelines. I would like him to put pressure on Senate Republicans to compromise more over stimulus spending. I know things are still pretty bad in Florida economically. I want the President to take charge as he has done in the past over lesser issues.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He cant. The President does not have that authority. I would be against that no matter what the issue is or who the President is.

The issue over the stimulus is on the Dems. They are wanting to bail out states that have been mismanaged for years. So much of what they want has nothing to do with covid.

Not sure why you think things are bad in Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. I used to vote as a public relations gesture. Knowing all the time God rules through whomever he chose to be king. But it does reflect the heart of the people.

16. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about the opposition to sanctuary cities? I agree federal law is federal law and should be followed, but the President at least has federal funding he can pull for those being foolish. That will light a fire under butts.

I do know the Dems are being partisan to demand what they have, but people need help and compromise is in order. I know my own finances are strained is the thing, availability of cheaper groceries is only now catching up to demand. Also, I know food banks are currently strained.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no states being foolish.

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except the states engaged in these ridiculous lockdowns.

19. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao :Roflmao :Roflmao Says the man who constantly decries all politicians as excreted. :Roflmao :Roflmao :Roflmao

20. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden has promised to do just that, but I don't think that having the same standard in Aroostook County and LA County makes any sense. And having big government advocates decide what "forced" entails is not comforting.