1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biggest Con

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Dec 23, 2008.

?
  1. Al Gore

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Bernard Madoff

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Barak Obama

9 vote(s)
    26.5%
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will Al Gore be recognized for the sheer audacity of the global warming con?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From a purely dollar standpoint, the winner would have to be Gore with Madoff, looking like an amateur, at the bottom.

But there are other considerations, I'm sure.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see...

The last figure I saw to fix global warming was $9 trillion, which I believe is much too low.

Obama promised tax cuts to 95% of working families, clearly a lie and his spending proposals are now estimated to cost somewhere between $6 trillion and $8 trillion . Still no word on where the money will come from.

Madoff's ponzi scheme is estimated at $50 billion.

From purely a dollar standpoint, Madoff doesn't even deserve an honorable mention.

Were the people he fleeced somehow more vulnerable or deserving of sympathy than the rest of the people Gore and Obama are fleecing?

The poll is still open.

Just in case anyone is worried about it, this is not a union vote and your votes are still secret. :thumbs:

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I couldn't vote. Bush and our current Congress isn't listed. With them giving money away like crazy, and they're not done yet, I don't know who is the biggest con.

If you added Bush/Congress can I vote for ALL of the Above? :)

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can do whatever you wish.

But Bush doesn't have time to reach the Al Gore or Obama level. If he did , he might be in the running.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Not sure if you missed it or are just ignoring it, but I said Bush/Congress...

Bush has a great deal of cost under his belt... How much does this War cost us every month?

Bush is no where near as clean as you would like some to believe. Also, you don't know what Obama will or won't cost us, he isn't done with his term(s) yet.

For someone to pick Obama, they are only guessing...

I still vote all ALL of the ABOVE.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ignoring.

Even put together, they're not even close.

It's my poll. I make the rules.

Vote or don't. I don't really care which.

Carry on.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You're good at ignoring things when it betters your cause.. nothing new here. :rolleyes:

It's your poll sure, but it's misleading at best when you don't include the current group and want to include someone that isn't even in office yet.

You're just a one sided type person when it comes to politics.. always have been, always will be I suppose.

You're true self is showing and each and every post like this. Try what Fox attempts... Fair and Balanced...

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Would you like some cheese to go with your whine?

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Sorry to disappoint, but I am not whining, just pointing out your poll flaws...

I know you don't want real results or you wouldn't be kicking and crying like you are. You only want to attempt to nail Gore or Obama with your 'poll'. That much is obvious.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK

You've done it now.

My feelings are officially hurt.:tear:

12. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Aw.... I'm sorry. I should have been nicer in the Christmas spirit and let you post basied polls and said nothing..

uhm... no.

btw, even though we disagree ALOT... Merry Christmas! :)

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Merry Christmas and I hope God blesses you in special ways in the coming year. :praying:

#13 carpro, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2008
  14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You're too funny carpro...

So now you allege Obama is a con... :BangHead:

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

I don't see how you can honestly see this as a con. Global Warming is a scientific theory. If you're an expert on climatology then you might be able to speak with such assurance that this theory isn't true. I assume you're not. In fact I'm fairly certain I know more about science in general than you do (I have a MS in Engineering and 35 years experience) and I don't really know with a certainty whether this theory is correct or not. For me the jury is still out but I'm concerned about recent evidence that the polar icecap is breaking up in a way we've never seen before.

Do you know that Galileo was placed under house arrest for the last few years of his life because he openly supported Copernicus' theory that the earth was not the center of the universe or even our solar system? This idea was viewed as heresy by the church. That's exactly what these ridiculous attacks against something you really don't understand is today.

Or maybe you believe that the earth is flat and the sun revolves around it.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

First of all...that's one of the problems. It is treated as fact, when there is nowhere near any definitive data. That makes it, on its face, likely to be a scam...because there is no interest in objectivity.

Of course, "we've never seen before" means a few decades. A statistically insignificant sample.

Copernicus offered proof. Manmade Global Warmingbots (aka "Cowfartsarekillingus" advocates) offer nothing but more "pollution" (superheated CO2).

17. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

All other "scams" out there, collectively could never measure up to the conspiratorial efforts of Algore and his band of merry scientists.... Having gotten just this far, and convincing so many, is amazing to me....

Some "last days" speculators imagine America's non participation in end times prophecy to be because of financial disaster. For them, Algore stands as a backup or augmentation to Congress and their banking disaster.

Oh well, I and mine depend on our Lord in these days, to be our refuge and our rock. Merry Christmas...

18. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I agree with you, HC, the LORD is my rock and my salvation: in whom (or what) shall I fear?

I used to think, when reading the scriptures, that I saw no evidence of America being mentioned or identified in end-time prophecy, and wondered if it was because of some disasterous event which breaks her strength and influence: But as times progress, and I see her participation in advancements and approval or support of some of what appears may be the necessary elements in setting up 'the end time events'...... I'm no longer persuaded that she is not mentioned in the end-time prophecies.... but, by her blending in and submission of her own sovereignty to beome a part of a regional power, her inclusion may still be represented and identified in a regional alliance though obscured from direct mention. (Albeit, with the sins of our nation..... my country looks like a modern day Babylon to me even if the characteristics don't fit with scripture.) I do believe our country is rapidly heading towards its eventual judgement. Financial disasters, unemployment, wars, internal conflicts and divisions, and the potentials for natural and man-made disasters, the increasing monitoring and control or potentials of control by government in internal politics and media and business and private affairs------ all are taking us to crisis or a series of crisis...... in which case the demand for relief often carries us into steered decisions which are not the best choices.

Al Gore, the guru of global warming and converting this theory into a crisis is just part of the ice berg intended to sink our ship.

Madoff who made off with so much funds in a ponzi scheme is small potatoes relative to the similiar scams of the investment and banking world upon people, when they found ways of making and keeping more money for themselves by selling us confidence and trust in exchange for the valuation of our labor as represented by money, while they used that value to trade and play games of risk .....at our expense.

BHO, 3 years ago, a name of little known except to political circles with in Chicago, ascending with momentum strange for an unknown, wins the confidence of the people's vote, and ascends to the Presidency, is a yet unproven choice of people's trust. Depending upon people's political and moral viewpoint, he already is representing the best hopes or the worse fears..... but neither can be substantiated by that role, and only by what he reports to believe and what he has done or afliated his support of in the past is the bases of most all opinions of him, regardless of which side they more closely agree with.

Deception is moving increasingly into the political, social, and religious..... the three legged foot stool of combining agreement towards a one world order...... not brought by God, but made by man....... man-kind's answer and replacement to impose his own peace, stability, and control to bring about our imperfect and sin-ridden substitution for righteousness, holiness, and heaven.

19. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What proof did Copernican offer? Besides, to say definitively that the theory of global warming in definitely not true but beyond that a con the burden of proof is on you. So prove to us scientifically (not by waving you arms and screaming about cons) that the global warming theory is scientifically false.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It lost credibility since, like evolution, it is being presented as fact rather than theory. But the key problem is that there is no evidence that CO2 causes warming. And in fact the actual evidence shows just the opposite.