1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biggest flop God turned into a success

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Revelator, May 16, 2008.

1. Revelator

Revelator New Member

Alright folks....

Name me one time that God turned a message you thought was gonna be a flop, one that you stumbled through and just couldn't seem to get it out the way you wanted it, but at the end of the service people told you that it was the best sermon you ever preached or something great happened, souls got saved or other great decisions were mane.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasn't a sermon of mine but we went to church once - guest speaker - one of the boys had invited his lost friend to attend. The message was totally disjointed, very unclear, poorly prepared, poorly delivered and in my mind I had to wonder why the friend had come that day.

The speaker gave kind of an invitation - all in all the Gospel barely understandable from the mess the man presented, the friend went forward and accepted the Lord. He became a strong christian in his local church over the years.

3. Revelator

Revelator New Member

Know exactly wat you're talkin about. Its happened to me before too. I've been in churches where a man got up to preach and just rambled and said this or that and his message didn't even make sense, and people just fall under heavy conviction, they get saved or surrender to a call, its just plain neat.

Thanks for sharing.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Years ago when I was in college I was put in charge of a dorm for ministry in a parachurch organization I was in. I complained to the leader and told him that nothing ever happened in that dorm. I felt like I was wasting my time. Reluctantly I prayed for God to give me people that I could work with. Did he ever! I was shocked. At the end of two years there were more who had come to know Christ than in any other dorm on campus. There were times when people would come up to us telling us that they had watched us and wanted to know how to become a Christian. It seemed like people were becoming Christians all over the place and earlier I thought my efforts would be a waste of time. 1/2 of the people in that parachurch organization came to Christ in that one dorm during that time. God knew what I had doubted and thought of as a waste of time. I learned a big lesson from that.