1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Clinton's Quote in the senate today

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by rbell, Jan 4, 2007.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

STORY

Bill Clinton cheerfully strode through the Senate chambers today. He was there for his wife's swearing-in.

He offered one quote that I found funny:

"All I know is, this is a happy day," Clinton added. "It's a great day for the largest number of women we've ever had in the Congress, a lot of new people coming in, I think it will be good. I'll be surprised if we don't see a lot of interesting things happening over the next six months."

Now is it just me, or does he seem really happy that there's a bunch of new women in Washington? :eek:

They better beef up Senate security.:tongue3:

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

:laugh:
    :laugh: Just like Clinton and I bet he meant every word of it.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

What an endorsment.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Hearing about Bill Clinton brings back memories of how much better off this country was when he was President. These past six, long years under the Bush regime has been a nightmare!

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I would disagree, in some areas...agree in others.

The economy is quite strong. Numbers out today put unemployment at record lows.

The Iraq situation...OK, I agree with you.

But I think it's a mixed bag, not "all worse" or "all better."

But I still maintain that a woman in the senate is much safer with Bush in Washington F/T rather than Clinton. :laugh:

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clinton’s a funny man. He always reminded me of a drunk uncle, don’t know why.

The military is also much better under Bush. While many think that the situation in Iraq prevents people from enlisting, it is not so. My BN has realized greater accessions in FY 06 than the past 11 years. Military benefits have increased drastically under Bush, and I’m sure that had a lot to do with it. However, I would have thought enlistments would be at an all time low with the war.

Both Presidents have good and bad points, but I'll choose Bush over Clinton any day.

7. mnw

mnw New Member

Huh? From the outside it looks like many of the "disasters" under Bush had their foundation under Clinton.

It seems Bush has been cleaning up Clinton's lying, cheating, womanising, cowardly 2 terms.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Oh no! Now youve gone and done it!

9. mnw

mnw New Member

I am preparing myself for the responses... :) Now I head to bed wondering what my inbox will hold come the morning.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Come on you do not really thiink other Christians would say mean, hateful, vile, things to you for your completely out of this country, objective and unbiased comment do you?

Not in America. Nope. We do not do that.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: