1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bill Faye

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Our church had a special speaker yesterday ; Bill Faye(How to share your faith without fear) It was a good presentation which I was moved by and enjoyed it. However in my opinion there was quite a bit of munipulation in both the presentation and the invitation. Is anyone else familiar with this evangelist? and what is you views on munipulation during quote altar calls or invitations?

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have used Bill Faye material and have read Share Jesus Without Fear.

I don't use his approach because it is, imho, highly manipulative and attempts to force and "intellectual" decision and not a spiritual one. We can argue anyone into a corner. Frankly most people don't possess the capacity or knowledge to deal with an armed intellectual assualt that Bill Faye proposes and will just shut down. That isn't effective evangelism.

I love the point of the biblicism in Share Jesus Without Fear and am happy to use his Scriptural points while ignoring his attempt at intellectual thuggery.

I still use my grandfather's Share Jesus Without Fear New Testament when sharing with some people. It has many salvations through the power of the Holy Spirit between the two of us...more him than me admittedly. :)

3. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It appears to be a variation on other soul-winning methods that are around. The bottom line is, pray the Sinner's Prayer, and here are the words if you don't know how to pray (followed by a sample prayer).

If that's the ultimate goal, to get one to say those words, it really doesn't matter how you get him there. I do believe that God will save those who ask him in repentance and faith. But nowhere do we find Peter, Paul or Philip pointing anybody such a prayer. Philip's question to the Ethiopian eunuch was simply, "do you believe this?"