1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham being used by the SBC?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by go2church, Aug 22, 2005.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just received my latest copy of "Faith and Family Values" magazine (which is a good thing because my bird's cage was getting messy) and noticed the cover dedicated to none other then Billy Graham.

I find this interesting because Billy Graham would hardly be embraced by the current SBC leadership considering his "questionable" associations with folks who by any measure of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 would have to be considered liberal.

If purity of doctrine was truly as important as Pope Paige and his ilk claim, why is the "liberal" Billy Graham on the cover of one the SBC magazines? In fact the cover picture has some guy with a clerical collar in the background ... heritics!

He likes the BWA, works with various churches from all over the denominational map and has learned his lesson about mixing politics with the Gospel. Nothing like the current SBC, I guess when the SBC see a good cash cow they sick with it?!

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Well, go2church----I guess there's always the CBF? You can join them----they won't gripe about who's on the cover of their monthly!!

Blackbird

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

:rolleyes:

Did I miss the memo on this being bash the SBC week?

4. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Mark 9:38-41

"Teacher," said John, "We saw a man driving out demons in your name we told him to stop, becuse he was not one of us."
    "Do not stop him," Jesus said, "No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us. I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward."

If Billy is good enough for Christ, he is good enough for me.

5. mioque

mioque New Member

go2church
    You mean it's heretical for a pastor to wear a clerical collar nowadays?!
    Why wasn't I warned ?!
    I must go and warn all of my pastor friends at once!!!

Runs of...

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Pastor SBC -

Shame on you for taking it seriously when the Lord said, "Love," and "let ye who is without sin cast the first stone," and "forgive so that your father in heaven may forgive you!"

What were you thinking taking those verses seriously!?

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I have to say "This is a tongue in cheek comment?

I am simply pointing out the double standard of the SBC. Liberals are bad when they want to get out of the BWA, but ok (at least tolerable) when they serve the purposes of selling a magazine or raising money.

Yeah, as a matter of fact it is bash the SBC week, didn't you get the memo? For mioque ... that was a tongue in cheek comment.

8. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

With the exception of roman catholics, there are some with clerical collars that represent Christ and His teachings much better than those who wear a "suit and tie".

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Gotta have nickels and noses.

10. mioque

mioque New Member

go2church
    I know, but my reply was funnier. ;)

11. Pronto

Pronto New Member

Can you imagine if the SBC did something to distance themselves from Graham? That may be the sign of the end of the world that we have all been waiting for!