1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Billy Graham's dark secret revealed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Jun 28, 2005.

1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

steaver,

I said...

And you said...

And may I remind you that I wasnt speaking of a hierarchy of sins. My hypothetical was a voter who chooses candidate "A" over candidate "B".

I said...

And you said...

Meaning what? That you believe we are justified through faith alone? Or that you believe the scriptures proclaim that we are justified by being "good enough"?

If the 1st, then get with the program and stop saying that if a born again person happens to pick a candidate who is pro-abortion he cancels out his salvation and will burn in hell.

If the 2nd, then you need to stop trusting in...and proclaiming...a false gospel and start trusting in...and proclaiming...the true one.

God bless,

Mike

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mike...They already AGREE it is murder! I DO NOT need to convince them it is and it is not just because I say so! Somewhere along the line before they ever spoke with me they concluded it was wrong! Why do I need to convince them of what they already believe??? You are puzzling brother. [​IMG]

Mike, no offense brother, but you are trying to deliberate a whole other issue here. You want to discuss why abortion is murder and nobody here believes it is NOT! Why don't you understand that whether or not it is murder is not what I and others have been speaking about? We all say it is! This discussion is about "voting" for canidates who support abortion.

You say I make no argument as to why voting for these abortion canidates is wrong?

Steaver...

I haven't seen any rebutal on this from you. Show me that my argument is wrong rather than declare that i haven't made one.

You lost me there brother. Not sure what you asking me to show. Do you want a name of someone or what?

Ok, are you saying that I haven't demonstrated that voting for a pro murder canidate is being a murderer yourself? Or that abortion is murder?

Let me demostrate the first...

Paul said..."Now then we are ambassadors for Christ"(2 Cor. 5:20)

Should not EVERYTHING a Christian does be a representation for Jesus Christ? When a Christian casts a vote, should it not represent Jesus Christ?

That what is murder? The voting for murder or abortion?

What verses are out of context and please give me the "corrected" context according to Mike.

Once again brother, NOBODY here believes that abortion is NOT the killing of babies! Start a new thread on the abortion equals murder subject and leave this thread to the voting subject, please!

Thank you! I thought so.

No, I am not assuming no such thing. The vote is just a representation of the heart before God. Whether or not it prevents the murder is not this issue. As far as the fetus being life, again another topic that has no bearing in this discussion for everyone here believes that it is indeed a human life.

My rhetoric alone calls for repentence. Can you show me were you got those quotes from my post?....Don't bother looking, you know they are not there.

Maybe it will save some lives maybe it won't. Maybe I shouldn't help the man dieing along the street because he may not live anyway? The issue is casting a vote as an ambassador for Christ...Christian!

Do you believe Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego should have obeyed the King rather than God?

There is a difference in Scripture between "respect" and "obedience" and where those lines are drawn.

God Bless!

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How long are you going to dance around this? You made numerous post about the "lesser of two evils" being a reason for voting for a pro-murder canidate. If you believe something you sure ought to be able to defend it by examples. Do you have an example or not? If not then your reasoning is void and not any reason at all.

Faith alone, born again, sealed forever, eternal life. OSAS!

Please give my quote(s) were I said the above.

God Bless!

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not by my standards John. It is not about "not doing enough". It is about having freedom to vote for a REPRESENTATIVE and choosing one who does or does not support murder.

Before I came to learn God's way and did not vote at all, i wanted Bill Clinton to win even though I didn't vote. I liked his "to each their own" liberal approach to life and the country. I thought abortion was wrong but hey "to each their own". Now I know God's way and realize that even my lack of voting was personally supporting the murder. I repented, began to vote, and have not found any issue which trumps the murdering of babies in the womb. I ask before if you have, have you? Give me some examples.

Well that leads us back to whether or not Jesus Christ would lead His children to vote for pro-murder canidates. I am afraid that I will not declare the answer yes for fear of God and what I have read concerning the nature of God in the Scriptures. I would never dare make any such claim as "the Spirit lead me to vote for..." if that canidate was an open supporter of extermination.

I have a Christian rule. I earnestly try to conduct my actions and my speech every day in a way that requires no cover up on my part or shame to me or Jesus Christ publically. Although my choices are not always good ones, I accept rebuke from Scripture from others and correct my ways as the Holy Spirit reveals them unto me.

Well, take another look brother. If your dead all of the others matter not! "Right to Life"?

Give me one liberty that is more important to that person in the womb than NOT being ripped to shreads until death! Just one will do brother.

God Bless!

5. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Steaver,

I said...

And you said...

You'll have to find someone who has voted for a "pro-baby killing" candidate. I've never voted for one.

Start a thread and put out a call for one. There are probably some around.

I said...

And you said...

Which would mean that this statement of mine applies to you...

And you know say...

Good grief...where would I start. You have been saying...over and over again, in response to many posts...that if someone votes for a baby killer they are therefore a baby killer and murderers will not be let into heaven. You even said every political vote a persom makes will be brought up at the judgment.

here are a few quotes...

Grace and peace,

Mike

6. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praise God! If any are watching, maybe they will give me a greater evil than abortion. I personally don't think any exist in this present political day, but if your hypothetical is actually feasable, one will emerge.

As for my quotes...

"Many "Christians" try to find a way to justify their vote for murder. God sees".

I placed Christians in quotes. My way of distinguishing true Christian apart from professing "Christians."

True Christians do not murder people and it is my opinion that they would not support in anyway shape or form those who do. Their hearts would not allow it through Christ. I do believe that true Christians can be very ignorant to their own sinful actions.

"That is correct. They are only a murderer if they knowingly cast a vote for a person who stands for abortion, democrat or republican or any other. It matters not what party they are registered in."

Again, true Christians do not murder people nor support it. If they are shown their error, they will repent and vote accordingly in the future. They are not considered murderers because they done it out of ignorance.

"Unrepentive murderers do go to hell. The Word of God states so."

It does state so, Christians do not murder.

"I "personally" believe that not only will our votes be reviewed at the judgment seat of Christ but also any lack of willingness to vote at all."

I do believe this. If one is at the judgment seat of Christ, they are saved. If they have ignorantly voted for murder they have already been forgiven. Supporting murder is totally against the character of Jesus Christ and His Word. Christians do not murder people and it would naturally follow that they do not support murder in anyway shape or form.

Maybe they have been prompted to repent of their voting habits but have refused the rebuke and prompting as well.

You have two scenarios...

1) The person is not really a Christian and therefor will not be at the judgment seat of Christ.

2) The person is a Christian who is resisting the Holy Spirit and the bretheren's rebukes. If this be the case, they will stand before Christ ashamed, but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

So, a true Christian can blantantly refuse to reject pro-abortion canidates and still enter heaven. I believe this would be an exception to the Christian life, but it is possible.

I hope this clears up my rhetoric.

God Bless!

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I on the other hand am not tied to OSAS - so I could "arguably" insist that voting for abortion is a sign of "Bad fruit" as Matt 7 might define it.

Voting in favor of murder of the innocent certainly can not be thought of as "Good fruit" and I have no problems agreeing that OSAS would not survive in that environment.

However that is a statement in general and not a judgment or evaluation of any specific person - such as Billy Graham.

I agree with those who have posted that he is a godly Christian saint. But I would not argue that his views are "flawless" particularly on the "Abortion is not that important" front when it comes to politics.

In Christ,

Bob

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I seen on TV today part of a documentary on the Clintons. I am posting this here because it appears the voting issue is finished (praise God) and it has to do with a question concerning abortion (for me that is) and this was the main discussion here.

They were puffing Hillary up for her courageous stand in China when she openly condemned, so to speak, in a public speech the killing of baby girls there.

I wonder how she would have answered if the Emperor would have turned and asked her why do Americans slaughter millions of baby boys and baby girls right in their mother's wombs?

Wouldn't it be quite interesting watching her explain this after scolding them for their murdering practices. Very hypocritical!

Think about. How could she explain to this man that turning a baby around in the womb, pulling it out by the feet all but the head, stabbing it in the skull and sucking out it's brains is not the same as killing baby girls after they are born!!!

But hey, let's not let that bother us when casting a vote. Maybe the canidate is going to throw some money in the direction of the children that have dodged the abortion clinic!

I'm sorry, didn't mean to get that subject going again.

I just thought it was ironic when I seen them praising Hillary for speaking out on baby killing in China.

Sad, very sad. :(

I wonder if she agreed with her husband's decision to NOT ban partial-birth abortion.

God Bless!