1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bio info on Edward Hugh Overbey

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Squire Robertsson, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does any one here have any biographical information on Edward H. Overbey? I am currently editing a rtf scan of his The Meaning of Ecclesia in the New Testament. I've googled and binged him but haven't found any personal information on the brother.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter,
    Keith

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

The following is the email address of Edward Overbey's BIL & EO's sister Sue:

[email protected]

More than likely one &/or both would be able to supply you w/ "maybe even more than you'd REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!??!! re: Ed Overbey!!!!!

U no, "BIL & especially eo's 'dear, VERY dear OWN sister!!! :smilewinkgrin:

Catch my drift??!!??!! :thumbsup:

Seriously though, especially if one tends to favor an "anti-'invisible, universal "Church" / "Landmarker" / etc., in so far as one's position re: eccesiology / "church 'truth(s)' may be concerned, one would most likely find EO's writing(s) on this particular subject rather interesting, especially coming from an individual who possesses "the educational so-called 'right stuff'" as EO has. :thumbsup: :tonofbricks:

Oh yes, forgot to mention some periodicals that might be a good starting place for some of EO's writings:

The Baptist Examiner, founded by the late Eld. John Gilpin: Pastor, Calvary BC (Can't remember the street address though.); Ashland, KY.

The Bible Baptist Reminder, the late Elton R. Wilson/Demas Brubacher, eds. Pub. by Bible Baptist Church (NOT a BBF affiliate, BTW!!), 3102 Prospect Cir.; Clarksville, TN 37043. (Note: This paper has not been published in c. 30+ yrs!)

The Berea Baptist Banner, Christopher Cockrell, ed.; P. O. Box 39; Mantachie, MS 38855-0039.

Also, the Ashland Ave. BC in Lexington, KY did (don't know if it still does, though) publish a four-page monthly paper, but I cannot remember its title.

These should at least provide one with at least a starting point for finding articles by EO.

Another "shot in the dark" might be to check with the people at the American Baptist ASSN (not, BTW, the American Baptist CONV!!); which is located in Texarkana, TX-AR. (Again, I don't recall its street address.) The ABA also has a tendency to support EO's position re: "the 'church.'"

Hope some of this will be of use 2 U!!

#3 ktn4eg, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Errm, I got my copy of The Meaning of... at Maranatha Baptist Bible College's book store back in the period 1977-1981.

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist