1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Birmingham Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Convicted by the Spirit, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Convicted by the Spirit

Can anyone on this board tell me anything about Birmingham Theological Seminary? All I know is its reformed and a good amount of the professors have graduated from the school. Link below.

http://www.birminghamseminary.org/

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why don't you attend Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary at the extension in Houston.

3. Convicted by the Spirit

I have a few pastor friends that attend the Houston campus and they say its great. They say most of the professors are reformed in their thinking. It is probably the top school on my list followed by Southern. I like to look at all the options and then make a decision based on that.

4. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Though I really don't know much about the school except for what I see on their web site, they do seem to be a credible program. It would appear that they are growing and progressing. It certainly doesn't have the earmarks of a degree mill and it seems more substantial than Andersonville or Bethany.

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    C B S,

At one time there was an historically Black seminary in Birmingham. Is this it, or is this one connected with it or to it in any way? Le'meknow!

If you are looking in Alabam, then you really do need to look @ Beeson @ Samford. It is Reformed as well as Ecumenical. They are conservative and have a High View, read Inerrancy, of Scripture.

FWIW (for what it's worth)!

sdg!

rd

[ March 27, 2006, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: Rhetorician ]

6. Convicted by the Spirit

Rhet,

Wow thanks for the input. I really like Birmingham as a place to live. I have heard it is rough on crime, but I visited there and it seemed to be a great place to live.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Convicted,

The area around Beeson is still a pretty good place to live. Most of your crime takes place to the north and west of Beeson.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Sorry, too good an opportunity to pass up! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Uh- and how much 'crime' takes place IN Beeson?
    :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] :rolleyes:

Ed

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ed,

Go to the Samford Bookstore (Beeson is on Samford's campus)....lots of robberies take place there.

In addition, if you'll visit their cafeteria on Sunday night (the "purge the leftovers" meal), you'll find some environmental crimes...

And finally, there's a chemistry professor from back in the late '80's that will SWEAR that I "stole" the only A he gave. But it ain't true...
    :D