1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Birth Control ... Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DeadMan, Dec 17, 2005.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Deadman, we've been through all this.

This is my last post on this subject. If I'm going to trust God in all aspects of my life, then I'm going to have to quit going to the doctor to get my bad disks treated and let God decide if I'm going to continue to move from my shoulders down(my C5 and C6 disk are degenerating). I'm going to quit paying my car payments and trust God to provide my transportation. I'm going to cancel all my insurance cause God will certainly provide for any needs if my house burns or my husband dies.

This is not comparing apples to oranges. If you are not going to exercise your intelligence in the area of BC then you shouldn't be exercising your intelligence anywhere else in your life.

The Bible says, do not test the Lord your God.

He gave us intelligence for a reason---He expected to use it. If He had wanted robots who only followed specific commands He would have created us that way.

2. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

mk, you can excuse the killing of unborn children as "intelligence" all you want and even imply my wife and I don't execise "intelligence" by not using BC, but it is comparing apples and oranges and it is a matter of faith.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

There have been several documented cases of fraternal twins with different fathers even.

Perhaps we should recommend someone to close their eyes and drive to improve their driving habits. They should just trust God instead of going to driving school.

4. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

They should simply refrain from Killing their babies regardless of how much they trust God.

5. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Apples and oranges. How can anyone take life/death of a child so apathetically? I'm saddened by comments like this. Like MK, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

6. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

I agree.

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I don't think anyone here disagrees with that statement.

8. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Greetings to you DeadMan!

IMHO, there is your answer right there. If you and your wife do not believe that it is God's Will for you to utilize birth control, then you are doing the right thing. If your conviction is strong enough, then I would recommend that you follow it.

Although I do not share your belief, I can certainly respect what you feel as you have very clearly qualified it as a conviction.

Wishing you and your wife a very Merry Christmas,
    BiR