1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Black Students Lose Again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jan 13, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Unfortunately in Florida all students are losing. The voucher program was doomed to fail from the beginning, regardless of its merits. The public school system is horrendous, but not nearly as bad as grading system Florida has in place for its school system. Consider this, "last year, nearly 80 percent of Florida schools failed to meet federal standards, even though the majority were A and B schools under the state system". The schools which are in dire need of good teachers, supplies, and MONEY are shut out. We award more money to the higher scoring schools, but the failing schools do not have a chance precisely because they do not have the teachers, supplies, or resources. We need to scrap the entire system, and start from scratch. The same goes for the private schools. Yes, they are better than the public system, but not on par with the majority of the nation. My family moved from Maryland to Florida when I was in the tenth grade. I went from a good private school in Maryland to the BEST private school in Orlando at the time. Material that I had learned in middle school was being taught in the high school.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ken, this should be a victory for you because it is a defeat for Bush. As you say, "Ever since Bush was elected, conservatives have been capitulating and compromising basic American values to the point that they have become slaves! Yes, slaves. Slaves to the Republican Party! Slaves to George W. Bush! Slaves to security! Slaves to their own ambitions and comforts!"

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Ken, this should be a victory for you because it is a defeat for Bush.

Wrong Bush CMG.