1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Black Watch to help Dubya and Bliar get reelected

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Matt Black, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, our proud reliable Scots regiment from Perth are being sent to the 'Triangle of Death', so that American troops can be redeployed to assist in the assault on Fallujah, so that Bush can have al-Zaqarwi's head on a plate as his 'October surprise' :mad: Story here

That's my take. Anyone else got a more naive view?

Yours in Christ

Matt

2. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I do not think that Bush is doing anything of the sort. I don't see why Americans have to be the only ones in the most dangerous parts of Iraq. Frankly, terrorism should be a world concern and more countries should be helping out. I pray everyday for our troops and the others that are over there. They are true heroes!!!!!!

3. Matt Black

Site Supporter

And, laydeez and gennelmen, we have a taker already!

The main reason why the British sector in Basra in safer is because they've made it that way through their 'hearts and minds' approach, rather than the 'let's shoot everything that moves, they're all ragheads so who cares' approach of others who will remain nameless, but whose mess the Black Watch will now have to sort out.

Yours in Christ

Matt

4. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Gee Matt, you don't have to be so rude. The Sunni Triangle is the most dangerous part of Iraq. Maybe if the insurgents would open their hearts your approach might work. However, that is NOT gonna happen. I am sick of people trashing us. And, BTW, I don't know ANYONE who says that are "all ragheads".

5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I'm sorry to not pull my punches, but I am extremely angry about this, and I am sick of British troops' lives being unnecessarily risked to save Bush's neck. The Americans have 138000 troops there already for cryin' out loud! What on earth do they need another few hundred for??!!

Yours in Christ

Matt

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Matt.
    I'll be the second taker.
    If the Yanks want our assistance they are welcome to it.
    If a President of the US needs us then he gets us and all our expertise.
    Not all Britons have forgotten the help the States have given us in preserving our freedoms, not only ours but the whole of the free West.
    We are friends.
    Maybe the size of our armed forces has more to do with being friends with America. Maybe we should be more willing to defend ourselves properly instead of spending the dosh elsewhere whilst relying on our friends to pull us out of the you know what when we need it.

I just thought it was right to show that we don't all think Americans are ragheads, whatever that means.

johnp.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Maybe, Matt, just stinking maybe your Tony Blair understands that taking sadaam out, and making Iraq a free democracy, is good for you ingrate, undereducated, self-satisfied and oh-so-superior Brits.

How's that for not pulling punches, hmmm?

8. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Matt, So it is ok as long as it is the neck's of Americans. EVERY country should have troops over there without complaining and it is NOT to save Bush's neck. This is WAY bigger than that. I don't see how you cannot see that.

Do you realize the dangerous world we live in?? Wait until YOU have a 9-11 in YOUR country. I can guarantee that the American's would be the FIRST on the spot to help out, as is usual.

I don't think the world appreciates what we are doing. Terrorism is NOT going to go away, only get worse.

I am really angry too about everyone blaming the US for this. Why aren't you mad at the murderous terrorists??????

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    johnp. sez:
    quote:
    Not all Britons have forgotten the help the States have given us in preserving our freedoms, not only ours but the whole of the free West.
    We are friends.

I just addressed this same "problem" on another board. One poster was complaining about the "wimpiness" of today's Brits, & how we (USA) had to pull them out of WWII.

My response was that the Brits then were made of sterner stuff than today's crop, and sheer #'s was the problem, not a lack of resolve or courage.

Using his (the other poster) standards, many of today's USA'ers would fit the "wimp" catagory, but NOT the WWII'ers.

Most people that have no rememberance, & even several that do, of WWII, Korea, Cold War, Berlin Wall etc have no concept of the true cost of freedom, & therefore are nowhere near ready to pay the cost. Unfortunately, in today's world the only way most will admit the true cost will be to lose it & then it'll be too late.

I hope & pray that this country will wake up and realize what freedom has cost and not count it as something to just toy with as they try to create utopia!

I'm not holding my breath though!!

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

justwant, that was me you posted that to, and I didn't understand what you said there, or for that matter here, because you are writing in a confusing manner.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt: I've always said Black Power means a Battalion of the 'Watch, a Troop of the Scots Guards, and a Battery from the Royal Artillery Regiment.

Now, Folks back off. The HM's Forces have had our backs thoughout this whole affair. Pick on the French if you must. But the Black Watch is about to go further into harms way.

"Pipe SGT, Black Bear."

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

The Black watch is an example of all that is great about Britain. Matt is the opposite, imho.

13. here now

here now Member

Lorrie Grace-

You are 100% right on!

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found no mention of Fallujah in that article. And I think you are wrong to suggest that the military will attack Fallujah before next Tuesday's election. But I do hope they attack it after the election and level the place if that is what it takes to finish the war in Iraq.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry; my wife sorta hints at this problem also. :D

My point was that the Brits of yester-year were of hardier material than what they appear to be today. But by the same token, so are those of the US of A.
    Too many, who have no ties to the past cost of freedom, feel no obligation to ante up now, but will regret this delay once freedom is lost.

Hope this is a little clearer. If not, I'll try again but later! [​IMG]

16. mioque

mioque New Member

LorrieGrace
    "I don't see why Americans have to be the only ones in the most dangerous parts of Iraq. "
    "
    If the Sunnitriangle truly is the most dangerous part of Iraq, one can only wonder why the Brits (or the Italians, or anybody else) haven't been given it as soon as possible. I expect it started out simply as the most high profile assignment, the US military claimed it for itself and found out it was... 'tricky'. So now they are handing it to somebody else.

"Frankly, terrorism should be a world concern and more countries should be helping out."
    "
    Terrorism should have been a world concern since the 1970's....

"Wait until YOU have a 9-11 in YOUR country. I can guarantee that the American's would be the FIRST on the spot to help out, as is usual."
    "
    The Brits have had plenty of those already courtesy of the IRA, the funds for those terroriststrikes usually were raised in the USA, while it's government stood by and did nothing.
    France in fact had it's own '9-11' (a largescale subway bombing in Paris) a few years prior to the whole fly plains into buildings massacre in the US. Do you even remember that one?

17. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Some rejoinders:-

Tragic_pizza, I'd appreciate it if you laid off the personal attacks. If you want to make it personal, I can: my best friend's brother is caught up in this mess; it's his life on the line, not yours or mine, and his 81-year old mother who has just had a heart op is worried sick.

Guys, I simply don't buy the "now we've had 9-11, the world has changed and we can do what we want and damn the consequences" argument. As mioque has illustrated, the rest of us have had our cumulative 9-11s for many a year now; we Brits have lost thousands of lives through terrorism in Northern Ireland and on the Mainland. I remember the Birmingham and Guildford bombings; I grew up in a military town less than 10 miles from Guildford and lived with the constant threat of IRA and INLA terrorism, bankrolled by American money - bomb scares every few months, the need for constant vigilance etc. I suppose we should have reacted by carpet-bombing the Bogside and the Falls Road, not to mention the NORAID offices in Boston and New York, but we didn't. We're 'used' to terrorism, as are the French and Spanish (ETA), the Germans (Red Brigade, Baader-Meinhof), the Italians (Red Army Faction, the Mafia) etc; you're still adjusting to it.

Yours in Christ

Matt

18. johnp.

johnp. New Member

'Pick on the French if you must.'

I'm up for that! :cool:

The Blair government are going to reduce the armed force's numbers?
    I thought we were at war. Have they concluded that the war is all but over?
    Are the Americans still going to introduce the draft? (After the election that is!)

Would somebody tell me what's going on please?

I'm sure the kids today are made from the same stuff our fathers were made of.
    There was reluctance before the Second World War to take up arms. This is to our credit and also our weakness.

johnp.

19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Yep, don't forget that for every Churchill there was a Chamberlain and Halifax

Yours in Christ

Matt

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, so being insulting to the American President in particular and those who support the war in Iraq isn't personal, but typifying Brits as ingrate, undereducated, self-satisfied and oh-so-superior is?

You're a hypocrite.