1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blago Impeached!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No in the new age of change. This is Bush's fault. Remember all this happened before the inauguration ... except the TV interviews.

The Illinois senator (or whoever that was giving the presser last night) said that Blago could have helped to shape the rules and could have defended himself and chose to do neither. I thought that was interesting. I can understand not wanting to give away things in light of an impending criminal trial, but he could have at least done something it seems to me. I imagine he knows he has little to no chance at criminal trial and didn't want to make it worse by making statements that could be used against him.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I was wondering did anyone else catch that. Hard to believe he's a lawyer or shoud I say I am glad he's not my lawyer...

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

If Bush wasn't such a lousy president Obama wouldn't have won and Blago would still have a job. Why isn't it Bush' fault.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

That's not at all hard to believe! Snakes and sharks beware of your superior enemy.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

But did you hear his closing argument? He confessed then said he was innocent. I think not showing up was a stronger defense... Not sure why he abandoned that strategy.