1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blessed are the secret Raptured?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, May 16, 2015.

1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

A popular ‘Rapture Ready’ teaching interprets John’s being taken up to the throne of Heaven (Rev. 4:1-2) as signifying the ‘secret’ Rapture of the Church.

Had these ‘Rapture Ready’ folk bothered to read Rev. 1:9 they would have realized John did not escape tribulation.

He was IN tribulation:

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Furthermore, despite the many visions and supernatural events John witnessed while in Heaven, not once did he see a single saint who had escaped great tribulation.

Rev. 7:9-17 spells out the fact that all those saints seen in Heaven CAME OUT of great tribulation:

And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Furthermore, there is no blessing mentioned for saints who allegedly escaped great tribulation.

Instead, those who die opposing the Beast are the ones who receive God’s blessings. (Rev. 14:13)

Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Nor can I find a blessing for those Rapture Ready folk in our Lord’s Sermon on the Mount….that is, unless a slight alteration in Scripture is allowed:

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after the secret Rapture, for they shall escape.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Peter said to "fix your hope COMPLETELY" on the future 2nd coming - not on a "secret rapture". 1 Peter 1:13

Paul said that our "gathering together to Him" will NOT happen until after the antichrist appears - 2Thess 2:1-10

Christ said "Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days... He will send forth His angels to gather His elect" Matt 24.

John says the SECOND coming is our focus "IF I go and prepare a PLACE for you I will come AGAIN and receive you to Myself" John 14:1-3

John said there will be TWO resurrections in John 5.

We see the TWO resurrections in John's 20th chapter of Revelation.

We see the FIRST resurrection in Rev 20:4-6 where "The DEAD in Christ rise FIRST" as Paul said in 1Thess 4 -- at the 2nd coming.

The church, the saints -- are taken to heaven - at the 2nd coming.

in Christ,

Bob

#2 BobRyan, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015