1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Blessing of the animals worship service

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Oct 20, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your comments are empty, senseless and unbiblical. You make much a do about nothing! There is not one single Biblical text that supports your position on animal blessings, not so much as even a Biblical inference.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I contend that it is more "biblical" to pray for animals than it is to have fellowship meals where fat non-church members are invited to gorge themselves.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The Fellowship meal is very Biblical as it was part of the passover meal when Christ instituted the Lord's Supper. Breaking bread with believers is mentioned several times in the Scriptures but blessing animals isn't so much as even inferred in the scriptures.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Gluttony, especially by non-church members committing it at church, is not biblical.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Do you know the difference between "gluttony" and "fellowship meals"????

If we follow your line of thinking that "gluttony" condemns the act of eating then we should abstain from all food and thus die of starvation.

Gluttony is simply abuse and that is condemned by Scriptures. However, fellowship meals are Biblical while blessing animals can't even be found in scriptures so much as even a hint!

However, that type of worship is found in the occult and has been found in the occult for millenniums.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Praying for animals is not "occultic".

Tell me, did you drive to church in your car Sunday? That's not biblical.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

We are discussing ACTS OF WORSHIP and thus MORAL values not matters of CULTURAL progression in things neither right or wrong in themselves.

You are attempting to add and to justify an aspect of public worship that has no Biblical grounds whatsoever and an aspect that has been and is still prominent aspect of occult worship.

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

The creation is part of the promise of redemption in Romans 8: 18-23.

It is not wrong to pray for animals and indeed the whole creation; in fact, it is good and even necessary.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Nobody said it is wrong to pray for anything. However, you are attempting to justify prayer for animals as an entire aspect of PUBLIC worship which is rediculous and as an act of PUBLIC worship is occultic.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So, it is only right to pray for them in private and out of the church; in the church, it is wrong. That is stupid.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

What is stupid, is that you are attempting to justify - a new type of public worship that is devoted to animals not merely a random prayer request but an entire service devoted to animals - that is occultic.

12. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just to throw in some food for thought. As I don't really have a dog in this fight (yes that was meant to be funny). Save that St. Francis of Assisi had a profound love for nature to include animals. But just to share some thoughts.

Didn't God create nature that he might enjoy it along with men?
    Before God made Eve didn't he present the animals to Adam?
    Didn't he give Adam the responsibility of authority over the animals to include naming them?
    Didn't God rescue Balaam by having a donkey speak to him?
    Didn't God use a fish to forward his plan with Jonah and prophesy at the same time about his redemption?
    Didn't God prepare a donkey to bring his son triumphantly into Jerusalem?
    Doesn't nature groan eagerly awaiting its restoration?
    Doesn't Jesus Christ also redeem the Cosmos?
    Doesn't the great picture of heaven include the lion laying down with the lamb?
    Isn't God a God of life and love?
    Does not God love his created animals? (not like he does man but they are still living things)
    and isn't it true that Man having been given authority over animals is responsible for their treatement?

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Nobody is denying God created animals. We are talking about public institutional worship which has God as its focus and explicit acts of worship as its substance (songs, prayer, giving, preaching, ordinances) all of which are quite explicit in scripture.

However, to bring in animals as an aspect of an entire PUBLIC worship service is somthing ONLY found in occultic public worship and has been for millenniums and yet NEVER ONCE hinted to by God from Genesis to Revelation.

14. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not talking about just creation. Aren't they implied in God's salvation story? What I mean is that throughout the history which scriptures are written aren't animals a proper element in worship? For instance what forshadows Christ own redemption plan? Isn't it the sacrifice of living animals particularily of the passover lamb?
    How about the Tabernacle?
    Are they not involved in also waiting for their redemption fulfilment?
    so that in the worship of God it can be said that

15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh my word! The ridiculousness of this is astounding. Just because God created it does not mean we should include it in our worship services. The things liberals turn our churches into. Amazing.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brothers listen--This has gotten way out of control. Since perceptions differ nobody is going to change anyones opinion on the subject matter. Its kinda like, does your church bring in a Christmas tree each year...each year there is always a conversation but most people & churches are so ingratiated to it that it generally stays status quo. Same here some people just think that a service dedicated to animals is wonderful while others do not with varying reasons.

In my community, I know that the local Methodist & Episcopal churches have those services so I can take my 3 bulldogs. Now personally I would be kinda apprehensive if I saw me walking in to a house of worship with 3 heavy set bulldogs but different strokes. LOL! So for the sake of hygiene perhaps leave the animals at home & just say a prayer for them. And keep the tree.....I like them! Just keep my mail bully away from it!! :laugh:

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If it's Christian, it must be spoken of in Scripture. I don't see a blessing of the animals in Scripture.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.John 13:34-35 NAS

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Show me in Scripture where we are told to pray for animals and I will show you where we are to fellowship with each other.

Just because we serve food at church doesn't mean that we have "fat non-church members...gorge themselves". If we are able to get ANY unsaved person in church, it's not a bad thing. We have a chance to present the Gospel and lead a person to the Lord.

I've yet to see a dog respond to the Gospel.

20. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    just some food for thought
    or
    or
    I don't know seems like blessing animals are appropriate. After all God does.