1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blessing

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Don, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did y'all know that some of the newer cars don't have a spare tire or one of those little donut tires any more?

I do now.

Checked with a friend; his 2013 Chevy Camaro doesn't have one, either. They come with an air compressor you can attach to your vehicle's cigarette lighter, and a canister of Fix-a-Flat. Of course, that doesn't help when you've blown out the sidewall; in which case, you just sit and wait for the tow truck to show up...which can be two hours or more because you're in a rural area and about fifteen miles from the nearest town....

AND THEN, the place you had it towed to drops the bomb on you that because you're over 12,000 miles, the road hazard warranty doesn't cover the replacement. And when you only get paid at the first of the month, and here we are at the end of the month, of course you spend the rest of the day thinking about how you're gonna pay for a new tire....

Then you get home and there's a letter from Veterans Affairs waiting for you, and you're thinking, "oh, what bad news could they possibly have for me now?" You open it up and find out they're saying that they've re-assessed your disability pay for the last six months, and they underpaid you -- to the tune of a new tire....

Ain't God great?

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Amen!:wavey:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I can't tell you the number of times something similar has happened to us. It really makes me speechless!! God sure does surprise us sometimes!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What have we learned form this:

When buying a new car - tell the salesman to seal the deal - you want a spare tire w/rim included - no extra charge

Remember the reason for no spare is so the car companies can report a higher MPG - as required by the govt.

5. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And, I'm sure, to save a few dollars as well.

Great to hear about your blessing Don!!

:)

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I was convinced in 1977 when I watched Star Wars that we would all be driving the kind of car Luke Skywalker drove. No need for tires...dang

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We probably would be except for the corporate conspiracy to hold the technology back so they could continue to sell their products. Where is poncho when we need him.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you see this as ironical I suppose? :laugh:

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's awesome! God is good!

I've had times when I'm worried about something and God blesses me and afterwards, looking back I say "Why did I have doubts about that? That was stupid, God will provide." And then the next time I have doubts again. Why do I do that?

BTW, you might want to research that underpaid thingy to see if it might go back further than 6 months...

10. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I would imagine that the lack of a spare tire has to do with weight limitations in order to meet govt. mandated mileage requirements. You can thank Uncle Sam for the missing spare tire. I would also guess that since there is no spare tire then there is no jack. Combined, that probably eliminates at least 25 lbs. from the vehicle.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe I've ever used the word "ironical." :laugh:

And no, I don't believe in coincidence.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish. Unfortunately, it backs up to the time period that my retirement "officially" started.

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Umm..I'm trying to interpret the "quote marks" around officially. I keep coming up with these possibilities:

1. You are not really retired. You are still on the job but are classified as retired.

2. You retired years ago (in mind, attitude, effort, and productivity) although you are still on the job. You just haven't told your employer yet. LOL.