1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Blinded Minds

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SheepWhisperer, Jan 8, 2018.

1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The accusation is right in the beginning of the book. Satan says Job only likes God because God gives him everything he wants. If God takes away all his stuff Job will curse him to his face.

The evil is tied in that Satan might actually believes this or he is just plain sadistic.

Every sin you make FOREVER is tied to subtle and tiny act called ACCUSATION. All of it is fueled by a ignorance of some kind, causing fear, leading to mistrust.

Think about it God tells you hey what do you think my buddy over here "a blameless and upright man" and your first thought is......Oh he's a jerk.

Satan is slick, He is taking cheap shots.

I can tell you God loves Satan, But Satan in NO WAY is doing God's will. He is sinning, God does not want him to sin.

You think this whole thing started because God needs some advice about Job? Who is really learning the lesson here?

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can it be said that Satan likes any human--even one who has given his soul to Satan? So, of course, Satan puts out the eyes of his children. I once was blind.

3. Saved-By-Grace

Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the "Bondage of the Will", John Piper invents his own definition of the meaning of Greek, to suit his "theology", rather than say what it honestly does say! Remaking on Romans 3:19, "and the whole world may be held accountable to God", he says of the word "accountable": (The Bondage of the Will, the Sovereignty of Grace, and the Glory of God)

"The word “accountable” (Greek hupodikos) means “under the sentence of condemnation.” Or we could say, in bondage, imprisoned, awaiting the sentence of execution. And it is execution — that is, the outpouring of God’s wrath on all sinners who do not repent. Paul had just said in Romans 2:5 that those who do not repent “are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.” Just like Jesus had said in John 3:36, “Whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.” That is, everyone apart from faith is under the wrath of God.

The Greek word "ὑπόδῐκος", does not, and is never used for "bondage, imprisoned" anywhere! Liddell and Scott in the Greek lexicon have it, "brought to trial or liable to be tried". J H Thayer, in his Greek lexicon, says, "liable to punishment from God, Rom_3:19". G Abbott-Smith, "brought to trial, answerable to". Moulton and Milligan, "answerable to,” “bring under the cognizance of,” rather than “guilty before,” as in Rom_3:19". Ardnt and Gingrich, "liable to judgment or punishment, answerable, accountable". Kittel, "ὑπόδικος here denotes more than a general unspecified liability to punishment but less than definitive condemnation.It describes the state of an accused person who cannot reply at the trial initiated against him because he has exhausted all possibilities of refuting the charge against him and averting the condemnation and its consequences which ineluctably follow."

Where did Piper get his meaning for "ὑπόδῐκος", as it is NOT from the Greek usage! It is shameful when so-called "evangelical" Christians misuse information to promote their own views. This shows that what they believe to be true, is in fact LIES, as they have to corrupt the meaning of words to "justify" what they think to be true!

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL. You neither know the Scriptures nor the power of God.

Was it God's will that Jesus be tempted of the Devil? Did Satan not tempt Him?

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, which is why Christ went to the Cross for him. :Roflmao

6. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1 John 3

8the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

If you hate the devil he calls that a victory. Hatred is the fundamental worship of Satan.

Darkness can't drive out darkness.

1 Peter 3
    9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?

8. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I am getting old!!! I meant TRUE!

9. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, age has a way of doing that to us! :confused: Thanks.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HUH?

:)

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  11. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you should think about repenting of your attitude.

12. Saved-By-Grace

Faith:
    Baptist
    what, for being sure of what I believe to be true?

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psa 139:21-24 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.