1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blow up the Tx Rangers?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, May 30, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Mark Texiera has 1.5 years left on his contract, he is represented by the baseball antichrist (scott boras), and probably wont re-sign. the rangers are horrible, and will probably lose 100 games this year.

Would you look at trading Tex? Also keep in mind that the rangers have less than a stellar history in trading stars for prospects - they usually get suspects and those suspects are usually gone in a yr or two. Or would you open your pocket and try to keep tex at all costs?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Depends on what I could get. Tex is good, and I like Young and Kinsler. Blaylock is on the DL. But that's about it. Speed and pitching are what you need.

Cheer up. The Rangers play my Reds this year. That's at least a series win, if not a sweep that's guaranteed for Texas :tear:

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

woah...wait a minute; the Rangers are still fielding a team this season? I figured that when they were mathematically ruled out of making the playoffs just 10 minutes into the season, they scratched the remainder of it.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Blow up the Texas Rangers? (Or any other team, for that matter??)

What a waste of time and resources! Give about any pro team a year or two, in this high-dollar world, and they will do the job themselves and save you the trouble! About two thirds of them manage to accomplish this self-destruction in any given year.

Ed

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

BTW, as to "self-destructing" teams, try the 2007 Mavericks and 2007 Pistons as Exhibits "A" and "B". Does anyone really think the Warriors and Cavaliers had superior talent top to bottom?

Ed

6. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I was going to go to a couple of Rangers games this year but they stink! I don't think Washington will last much longer either. I guess I will instead go and watch the Astros who are only a tad better but they always end strong.

7. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I dont know if Washington will make it either, at this point the writers are more on Jon Daniels (the prepubescent GM), and realize that Washington has no tools to work with. On the other hand, they are making STUPID plays in the field and on the bases - getting picked off the last two games, throwing the ball to the wrong bases etc. They have the highest ERA in the history of MLB at this point, on and on and on.

They seemed to do a good job in the draft yesterday, but drafted a bundh of high schoolers that will take a few years to get here (if ever).

At this point I would try to set up a bidding war for Mark Texiera between NYY, Boston and whoever else they can get involved. those teams would be guaranteed 1.5 years with him, and have the money to sign him with the baseball antichrist as his agent.

By the way, I read in the paper this am that boras clients really slid in the draft, allowing the big market overpayers to get them...

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't see the Yankees or the Red Sox making a bid for Teixeira. The Yanks and Red Sox rank 3rd and 4th, respectively, in the entire majors in runs scored. I could see Atlanta making a bid for him, considering they're 10th in runs scored and don't have Chipper for who knows how long. The Braves certainly have the money.

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Yeah, Rent-A-Braves will do what they always do, and then promptly fold in the playoffs - if they make it.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The Yanks however could use a good 1st baseman - Tex would give them that, Boston would enter the bidding to try to keep Tex away from NYY - I dont care who ever else enters the bidding - just get the rangers something decent (for a change....)

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Wishful thinking, Jimmy. :)

Teixeira is a good player, but he's not a player you get into a bidding war over, like Matsuzaka or Clemens.

12. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

He had however won a gold glove each of the last two years, hit for average, and good HR numbers as a switch hitter. I think the bidding could go high for his services, and as I mentioned before, a team would get him for the remainder of this year and all of next before having to deal with boras