1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue is the Colour

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Apr 30, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And Chelsea are through to the finals of the European Champions League!!!

The Story!

2. soninme

soninme New Member

Well done to the Blues , and God willing another team in red white and blue , will be in the finals of the UEFA up on thursday night , mon the GERS :thumbs:

3. soninme

soninme New Member

Well done to the Blues , and God willing another team in Blue , will be in the finals of the UEFA Cup up on thursday night , mon the GERS :thumbs:

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Wonderful simply wonderful. My favorite Premiership club. I will try to watch the final.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I KNEW I liked you :).

What a tribute to Grant. I was SO GLAD when Morinho left. My support for the Blues backed off during his tenure.

And Lampard coming back, playing, and scoring a penalty 6 days after his mom died was a great "feel good" sports story.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Obviously European football is popular here. It gets almost as much coverage as the local first division.

I agree with the Lampard story. It is a a feel good. These kind of things make these, some times larger than life athletes, more like normal every day people.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And fair play to the Gers as well.

8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have been doing a project lately for Dick's Sporting Goods lately here in the US.
    They play ESPC sportscenter over and over in the morning.
    They were talking about this and I thought it was interesting because I don't remember them ever talking about the English Premier League in the past.

It has been a while since I have gotten ESPN though.

9. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Great games against Liverpool in the semis. I am soooo glad we beat them. Looking forward to the final, although I will miss the first half because of a ministry committment. Just hoping it isn't a dull affair like last year's FA Cup final.

Also praying (not literally) for Wigan to win this Saturday. Could Chelsea do a Premiership/Champion's League double? Let's hope so.

Well done to the Gers also. What, with Linfield winning the Irish League, Rangers winning the SPL (hopefully) and UEFA Cup, and Chelsea in the frame for the greatest prize in European football this could prove to be ther greatest season ever for Blues Brothers.

C'mon the Blues.

10. soninme

soninme New Member

Glasgow Rangers

00:01 here , the big day is here , manchester is awash with the famous red ,white and blue , let's wish walter , and the boys in blue all the best , the blues brothers are in town , mon the gers .:thumbs:

11. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well my UK friends, my club is blue as well- azul y oro, the blue and gold... speaking of Boca Juniors of course. May the win another Copa Libertadores this year (for those that donĀ“t know this is the S.A. equivalent of the Champions League).

Best wish Rangers and Chelsea as well!

So I guess blue really is the color (or azul as we would have it down here).

12. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

A sad day for Chelsea fans all over the world. I hate when game ends on penalties. Hard fought game nonetheless.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I was afraid someone would bring this up.

Shattered!

If I were spiritual I would say, "Oh well, its only a game"

IF I were spiritual :)

14. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

I'm not normally a sore loser, but I confess I'm a little sore about this one. Man U stole that trophy. If the game had continued as it was the first 30 minutes I would say fair enough, but for the final 90 minutes it was Chelsea all the way. Rooney never even made a shot on goal. That this trophy went to Old Trafford is a travesty of justice. Gotta feel sorry for JT, although I have no sympathy with Drogba who was largely lacklustre the whole game and it seemed was wanting sent off at the end.

Oh, well, there's always next year!