1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bluegrassers Among Dove Award Nominees

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by KenH, Feb 22, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dove Awards nominations announced
    Posted By Richard Thompson On 22nd February 2009
    [​IMG]
    The Gospel Music Association on Friday (2/20) announced the nominations for their forthcoming awards show.

Among the finalists for the 40th Annual Dove Awards are the following nominees in the two bluegrass categories.

Bluegrass Recorded Song (song; album; artist; writer; label)
    • Help Is On The Way; Help Is On The Way; Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver; Michael E. Reed; Horizon Records
    • I See A Crimson Stream; Sounds Like Sunday; Janet Paschal; Garfield T. Haywood; Vine Records
    • The Old White Flag; You Gotta Love It!; Triumphant Quartet; Dianne Wilkinson; Daywind Records
    • They’re Holding Up The Ladder; We Are Family; Jeff & Sheri Easter, Lewis Family, Easter Brothers; Russell Easter, James Easter, Edd Easter; Daywind Records
    • What Will I Wear?; I Just Wanted You To Know; Kim Hopper; Deborah Bailey; Canaan Records
    Bluegrass Album (album; artist; producer; label)
    • Bluegrass Worship; Various; Steve Ivey; Star Song Music
    • Help Is On The Way; Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver; Doyle Lawson; Horizon Records
    • Hymns From Chigger Hill; Chigger Hill Boys & Terri; Mike Richards, Terri Argot Gore, Ricky Gore, Mark Dunham, Bobby Strangenberg, Ethan Blair, Justin Kropf; Daywind Records
    • I Don’t Regret A Mile; Larry Sparks; Larry Sparks; Sparks Music
    • Pickin’, Praisin’, & Singin’: Hymns From The Mountain; Cody Shuler & Pine Mountain Railroad; Bill McBee, Dale Thomas, Jerry Cole, Cody Shuler, Matt Flake; Rural Rhythm
    • We Are Family; Jeff & Sheri Easter, Lewis Family, Easter Brothers; Jeff Easter, Sheri Easter; Daywind Records
    • What A Journey; Paul Williams & The Victory Trio; Paul Williams; Rebel Records
    Bluegrass artists, musicians, producers and labels are also represented among the nominees in a variety of other categories, most notably in the following ….

- rest at www.thebluegrassblog.com/dove-awards-nominations-announced