1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BMS World Mission writes prime minister about global warming

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting movement by British Baptist.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I miss read the deal.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Well, if they're praying for Brown to not be a raging idiot and sign that gosh-awful piece of pollution...then good for them.

Otherwise, they've been duped by the earth-worshippers. Maybe they can get some incense and Birkenstocks, quit bathing and shaving, and attack fishing vessels. That'll show them... :rolleyes:

It's funny how these "giants of the faith" will not worry as much about evangelizing the world as they do hugging a tree. Their first letter to a PM could have been about religious persecution...or morality concerns...or a straight-up evangelistic plea.

But no...they'd rather write about the polar bears having heat stroke.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:
    With just as much authority I could assert that greenhous gas emissions are hurting the toy industry at the North Pole.

The reason the world's poorest countries are poor isn't because of the climate. It's because of politics.

5. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Its going to get a lot hotter than they think. and maybe sooner than they think.

Re 16:8 ΒΆ And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This goes along with my thread on how far to go for stewardship of the earth. In my last post there, I said that in the eyes of the environmentalists and those who push Global Warming (or Climate Change) we can never do enough. We are seeing that already and this is a good example.

Once you board this ship, you will be hounded until you die because you can never do enough for earth. I keep saying that.

But a lot of conservative church leaders and churches are doing this - they are boarding this ship.