1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bo BOTH Cals/Arms Affirm We MUST excercise Saving Faith To become Christians?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 18, 2011.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, I knew you agreed. I was simply adding to the points you made.

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Here is some excellant material regarding this topic...

http://evangelicalarminians.org/node/29

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

John 8: 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Heb. 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

You can not be saved except you believe that Jesus is the Son of God. That He laid in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights, rose up on that third and appointed morning, victorious over death, hell and the grave.

Heb. 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

So without exercising your faith, you will die in your sins, and where He is, you will not go.

i am I AM's!!

Willis

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oh, and FTR, this faith comes from God. Man does not garner this on his own, but is extended to them by God.

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Still see though that it is the Lord who , by His grace exercised towards the sinner that has been elected to receive Christ by God, who has his will"unbound" by God, God grants means to "have a change of Mind" and than the person can turn to Christ and be saved...