1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Jones In-state vs out of state

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

May bee there-a wontin' 2 bee kinda like most state government controlled colleges/universities?

Seriously, there's always a financial advantage for ANY college/university to "play to the locals."

In theory, the closer one is located to campus, the greater the possibility exists that this person may enroll in said school. Moreover, should that person live w/in commuting distance, it's possible that said school wouldn't need to house this person in their dormitories and quite possibly reduce that student's usage of its cafeteria.

Now, I'm not a BJU student. I was at its campus some 28 years ago for a Bible conference, and when I was a HS/JH instructor at a Christian school about 22 years ago, I did use some of BJU Press's textbooks.

I've got nothing against BJU (never had). I actually support some of the moves that the current BJU administration has made to "bring in into the 21st century."

Not all change is per se bad. I've changed a lot since I received Christ as Savior in April, 1966. FWIW, you need to re-evaluate each "change" on its own merits, and then go from there.

Jest my $0.02 USD worth. :thumbs: :tonofbricks: