1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Knight & His Reality TV Show

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Feb 10, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Court TV: Knight, cameras, action

February 10, 2006

BY CAROL SLEZAK Staff Reporter Advertisement

You wonder why Bob Knight would agree to star in his own reality TV show. Was he sick of all those attention-grabbing bachelors and bachelorettes? Did ''Dancing With the Stars'' turn him down? Did he have an itch to be seen again outside of Lubbock, Texas, where he has toiled as coach of the Texas Tech Red Raiders for the past five seasons? All of the above?

Not that you would suggest these possible explanations to Knight, who might not find them amusing. No, it's best to stick with a straight Q-and-A format with the coach.

So, coach, why did you agree to participate in ''Knight School,'' a reality show in which 16 Texas Tech students compete as walk-ons for a spot on your team?

http://www.suntimes.com/output/campus/cst-spt-knight10.html

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I also heard that, as a part of this show, Bob Knight is planning on opening a furniture store in Lubbock. You buy a couch and he throws in a chair.

3. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG]

I will be tuning in to the shows. I have always been intrigued by Coach Knight. I guess it comes from growing up in Indiana dreaming of playing basketball at IU.

When I was in high school and played basketball we had an area playoff dinner at some big fancy place and Coach Knight was supposed to be the featured speaker. He had to cancel at the last minute. I was so disappointed.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

as huge LSU fan i have always been intriqued by Bobby Knight too...but not in the same way!
    You know, kind of imagining one of those chairs bouncing off the court and coming back to him, etc. LOL!

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I despise most reality shows, but there may be some "game" to this one.

6. PastorSBC1303

Did anyone else watch the first show last night?