1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Knight Resigns

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Feb 4, 2008.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I just saw this. I wonder if he will go anywhere else. Hey we need a better coach at Michigan. Wnna come back to the Big Ten Bobby?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

One of the greatest basketball minds of all time.

No doubt he had his issues, but he did a lot of things for peope that most will never know about.

I do not think he will go anywhere else to coach. I think he is done, and he is happy passing the torch to his son Pat.

As a guy who grew up in Indiana dreaming of playing basketball for Coach Knight, I wish him well and thank him for many memories throughout the years.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I totally agree PastorSBC. Season on the Brink was a great read. Knight is a great mind. He's the male Pat Summitt :laugh: (I think they still have the distinction of being the only coaches to have multiple NCAA titles and Olympic gold, and they got the gold the same year if memory serves me).

His charity is unheralded. And something is always overlooked: his players graduated and never got into off-the-court problems.

4. PastorSBC1303

Yes it was, and so was the book that Steve Alford wrote about playing for Coach Knight.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I heard that Knight was going to open a furniture store. His slogan, "Buy a couch and I'll throw in a chair for free!" :)

6. spiersdodgerblue

spiersdodgerblue New Member

Thats kinda funny, how nice for his son to slide in to coach Knights old post.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

During UT's blowout over Florida tonight, the announcers were pointing out that Knight announced his retirement from Texas Tech, saying he'd done all he could do there and he was retiring from there and how that leaves the door open for Knight to take another job. Interesting theory.

8. PastorSBC1303

Bobby Knight Speaks

I may have to amend what I said earlier, if you listen carefully Bobby Knight does not close the door on coaching again, just that he is done coaching "here." Maybe he will coach again. I still doubt it, but it may happen.

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I know it's Bob Knight (cue the angels singing and hushed voices) and all, but is anybody really going to hire a 67 year old coach, especially after he walked with 10 games to go? I'm not going to slam him for doing it, but if he's exhausted, and I'm sure he is, then why would things be different a year from when he's a 68 year old coach?

10. PastorSBC1303

Why would anyone hire Eddie Sutton? Because it is Eddie Sutton.

Why would anyone hire a 68 yr old Bobby Knight? Because it is Bobby Knight.

11. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Good points. You got me on that one. :wavey: