1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book for unbeliever?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Marcia, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Everybody who's posted, thank you so much for the books suggestions, prayers, and words of encouragement! :love2:

I did suggest More Than A Carpenter to Sean several days ago (I think someone earlier in the thread suggested it) and he said he had it on order at the bookstore.

I think I will tell him about C4K's friends when he emails me again. Sometimes there is a lag between his emails. I will keep you all posted here or if this thread gets too old, I'll start another one. Also, C4K, I'll email you with more specifics about Sean and about your contacts once I tell Sean about your friends.

Thanks again, everyone! :wavey:

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

For those of you led to pray for Sean --

I got another email from Sean last night and asked him if he would be willing to give contact info for some Christian friends of someone I knew in Ireland who live where he does. He sent an email I received today saying "yes" and giving his phone number to pass on! This is a praise! Thanks for praying and keep praying for him, and for the believers who will contact him. :flower:

I'm PM'ing C4K now with the info! :wavey:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah!! Praying for Sean AND C4K!! May God give C4K wisdom and guidance in working with Sean!

4. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

A good book I have found is by Mark Cahill called One Heartbeat Away. I have had a few people tell me it makes alot of sense. If you would like one please pm me an address where to send it. God bless. :)

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

For those of you praying for Sean, Good News! :godisgood:

I had an email from Sean today and he is meeting with Roger's (C4K) friend, who is a pastor, tomorrow!

Please pray for wisdom for the pastor and for the Lord to open up Sean's understanding. I am also praying that Sean will develop some friendships with some believers there at this church.

Thanks, C4K, for your efforts and prayers!

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Father, we just say thank you as we surrender this meeting into your capable hands. Amen.

Ps 53:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. ...

How can anyone not believe?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Amen - lets be praying for Sean and Don as they meet today, that Sean's heart would be prepared and that Don would have God's perfect wisdom in dealing with the situation.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

More good news! I got an email from Sean today - the meeting with Don, Roger's friend who is a pastor of a church where Sean lives, went well, PTL! :thumbs:

Sean seemed to have enjoyed talking with Don very much, and said he will attend a bible study on Thursday and a service on Sunday!!! He thanked me for my contact with Roger and Roger calling Don. This is a big, huge praise! I've been emailing with Sean for about 6 yrs. or more, and seeds were planted many times. I've been burdend for him for all those years. This is all in the Lord's perfect timing, as he sends out His workers to labor in and harvest the field.

So thanks again to you, Roger, and to your friend, Don.

Now we need to keep praying for the Lord to open Sean's eyes to who Jesus is and Sean's need for Jesus as his Savior.

Thanks for all the prayers! :1_grouphug:

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Praise the Lord!

He is so good to us.

Lets keep praying for Sean and for Don!

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

One plants, the other waters but God gives the increase...

Praise His Holy Name! :godisgood:

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

For those praying for Sean:

Sean emailed me today that he went to the "Bible talk" and then he said he talked to Don, the pastor, and Don's wife afterward. He said he planned on going to the service this Sunday.

This is all the Lord's doing, and I am just praying away! It is wonderful to see Sean actually meet some believers who care about him. So please pray he will attend the service and that he will make friends there, and come to a saving faith in Christ in God's timing. Thank you!! :flower:

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Wow!

Don and Jean are wonderful caring people. They will certainly show Sean the love of Christ in a tanglible way.

Lets keep praying this thing through!

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Amen!!:thumbs:

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for praying, everybody! Email from Sean today - he attended the Sunday service!
    PTL! :godisgood: Keep praying as the Lord leads!

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

God is so good! I find it amazing how this all came about. Don said Sean is a lovely chap. Praise the Lord he went to the service yesterday! Keep praying for them both, that God would give Don wisdom and that Sean would accept the precious gift that God has offered to him.

16. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

This is the most uplifting thread on the BB by far.

Let's see, a lady living in the USA- Washington, D.C., no less- carries on an on-line correspondence with a young man in Ireland. Through the BB, she makes contact with C4K, who in turn contacts his friend who 'just happens' :smilewinkgrin: to live and minister in the exact same city that the young Irish man lives in. The young man and the minister make contact- and the rest yet remains to be seen, but for me, it is thrilling to see that God can use the internet (and BB) for good!

:thumbs::godisgood::1_grouphug:

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That about says it all doesn't it?

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Amen, C4K and Mexdeaf!

I have emailed with Sean for 6 or 7 yrs. and did see some changes in him over time. He began to question the validity of the New Age stuff he was reading, but he was still not recognizing it as deceptive enough to put it away completely. He also bought 2 Bible about 2 yrs. ago and read those for awhile.

Recently, he was trying to find out about God in Deepak Chopra's book, How to Know God, and Sean told me he didn't think he could ever know God according to this book. Well, no wonder, it makes knowing God very complicated, not to mention it's not the true God of the Bible, or even close to the true God! I was horrified as this is a truly evil book. Sean actually mailed this book to me from Ireland (and I sent him mine plus Piper's book on 50 reasons Jesus came to die), and it's in my New Age section of my bookcase for reference and research. I know he has at least one other Chopra book (it was too expensive to send both), so please pray that he does not read this or that he throws it away!

Thank you all for praying - keep it up! :wavey:

19. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I saw Strobel's "Case for Christ" mentioned, "The Case for Faith" may be another good one to compliment it.

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Case for faith is a good one.

Where did Richard say that? Page number and year printed would help . . . ;)