1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Book of Job-Satan appears before God..

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by benz, Jul 2, 2005.

1. benz

benz New Member

I have question. I know God is in Charge and in control of everything. He limits what satan can and cannot do...
    According to the Scriptures both rebel angels and Holy Angels are accountable to God. Why would Satan talk to God-While they are enemies..??
    Is this a war over our souls alone?? Is it a war between satan and God too?? How does this wierd bizzare relationship work?...I just seem to be confused. I know Satan is our enemy and God's as well. If he doesnt love or need God why keep appearing in front of God accusing us? Isnt this a War?? Is it his choice to appear in front of God?--So he is permitted in heaven?? Man im confused i would like this issue cleared up thank you...

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There is no war between Satan and God in the sense that they are 2 equal opponents, there is just Satan's rebellion against God. There will be one final defeat for Satan when he can no longer have access to man; this final defeat is assured in scripture (see Rev. 20).

God allows Satan to appear before Him to accuse us and allows him to continue on tempting and deceiving people. This is God's business; he does not tell us why. However, we know that ultimately even things meant for evil will be turned so they glorify God.

Where Satan is when he appears before God we don't know for sure. God is omnipresent and our concept of where all this takes place is pretty unclear.

I think that what God chooses not to tell us about this is for His good reasons. Let's just be glad we have victory through Christ and know that Satan is defeated and that he will be thrown into the lake of fire.

3. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

4. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I was on disabilty in 1987, I have an inoperable brain tumor and a siezure disorder and a few other things.

I woke up one morning to see my wife off to work and our boys off to school. I felt a great weight on my shoulders and I was getting depressed. As the morning progressed the depression became worse. The enemy (satan began telling me "you're no good you can't support your wife and children, you should kill yourself".He kept repeating this over and over. I went into the family room, got down on my knees and said: "satan in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ get behind me". The weight immediately left me, the enemy wanted me to kill myself so he could have victory.

He can't stand up to the Power of the Name of Jesus. I still have the tumor, but God is with me and what ever His will is that's what I want.

Although God told satan he could not touch Job he could cause circumstances to cause Job to lose faith, Job never did lose faith. I'm not saying I'm like Job, but God has blessed me. [​IMG]

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

bruren:
    Strengthen the brethren! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Luke 22:31 And the Lord said, "Simon, Simon! Indeed, Satan has asked for you, that he may sift you as wheat. 32 But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren."

Thanks for your testimony!

6. benz

benz New Member

Thanks for the answers brothers and sisters.
    All praise and Glory to the Lamb of God for his sacrifice and for giving me everlasting friendship and a home a father.

7. rivers1222

rivers1222 Member

dianetavegia writes:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bruren:
    Strengthen the brethren!

----------------------------------
    He has Diane. Thanks for the testimony bruren.

8. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

9. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

Hi Marcia,
    satan knows he is already defeated, his goal is to take as many as he can.He knows his time is short and he is ramping up his attacks. His ego wont allow him to admit that he is defeated.

There is a hymn, it's title is: "There Is Power in the Blood. It says a lot about our Savior Jesus.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I know that. I can't figure out why you are addressing this to me. I said this in my post.

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

before I reply to the OP i ask this to benz

do you ask to start a debate. or do you really want to know?
    to start a debate is not wrong. It makes us think. debates makes us study to be sure of our faith.
    and to ask to learn is not wrong....this too should lead to study.

i ask you this..so i can reply the best way i can.

after you anwser i have one follow up to ask. then my reply

In Christ...James