1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Born Again

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Jul 14, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Why does "ordained" have to pop up, yet once again, in relation to baptism? (Not to mention, baptism has nothing at all to do with either being born again, or the thread topic, in the first place!) Why not say "appointed", the real force of the word rendered 'ordain', by the KJV in Titus?? :confused:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Why am I even getting involved, in any way, with this question, again??????? :confused: :confused:
    >
    >
    >
    That's me being "doubly confused" for any who may be wondering!

Ed

#41 EdSutton, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Zenas? I doubt if he is a serious Baptist at all. In fact I believe that I read in one of his posts that he is in the process of switching over to be a Catholic. Is that so Zenas? If so you shouldn't be posting in the Baptist only forums. As you can see your doctrine is not Baptist, and you are only causing confusion rather than edification. There are other forums that you can post in.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1033882&postcount=12

So, Zenas, if you are on your way to the Catholic Church (and by your postings here it sounds like you are), it would be better for you to post in the Other Christian Denominations Forum.

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

The penitent thief on the cross beside Jesus was not baptised, yet when he asked Jesus to remember him when He came into His kingdom, Jesus said,

"Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."​

Baptism is a sign that we have been saved, not the way in which we are saved. Paul and Silas said to the Philippian gaoler:

So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved."​

Yes, he and his family (who also believed) were baptised. But that was after they had been saved.

Another example is the Ethiopian eunuch, who asked for baptism. Philip said to him:

"If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."​

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see any benefit in continuing on in this discussion.

It seems apparent that certain individuals have accept the Romish dogma of baptismal regeneration which Baptists of any kind (that I know of) have always rejected.

However if certain individuals desire to continue this discussion in a more appropriate forum, I might join in.

HankD

5. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

1 pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.