1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bost Red Sox Wins the Am League East!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Salty, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just not sure what date they will win it.

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

You may be right.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Next question: Does anyone care?

It's like the Cubs. Someday they might win something but no one outside the area cares a rip.

4. OCC

OCC Guest

Yep. I go for them when they aren't playing the Tigers.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I meant ANY AMERICAN. Assume that cannucks have no taste anyway . . [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I wouldn't mark it down that the Red Sox will win the AL East. I can easily envision a scenario where the Sox not only don't win the AL East, but aren't the wild card team either.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I have to disagree with you on the Cubs....there are Cubs fans all over the country.

8. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I have to disagree with you on the Cubs....there are Cubs fans all over the country. </font>[/QUOTE]And there are Red Sox fans all over the country.

CC, People up here in Massachusetts are kind of holding their breath hoping (and some are praying, I'm sure), that you're wrong. History hasn't always been kind to the RS, though.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think (seriously, no ribbing) that most Cub fans/Red Sox fans are either from that area originally - or within the sphere of its broadcasts - and then moved elsewhere OR they were "orphaned" and had no local/regional team and had to settle on "somebody".

Every MLB team has that. I grew up with the Minneapolis Millers/St Paul Saints and later when the Twins came in from Washington DC. Even now, 900 miles away, they are "my" team, since Wyoming/Montana doesn't have one.

Yes, I'm a closet Twinkie (AL) and Rockies (NL) fan myself. So can't tease the Cub/Sox fans too much. Backing losers is a choice . . . :rolleyes:

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Dr. Bob, you are forgetting the power of cable television. Many people around the country got Superstation WGN that carried all of the Cubs games. Many people around the country became Cubs fans because they could watch all of their games on tv.

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Red Sox will not win the east. The Yankees are coming on strong. They may not win the wild card, either, but the Angels or A's would have to go on a torrid winning streak to win the wild card. My Indians are going to make history this year in being the first team to come back from a 15 game deficit after August 1st! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I won't bore anybody with the details about why I think this way, but anytime John Henry has the potential to lose, I'm on-board with it. However, if the Sox lose, then the Yankees win, and I like seeing the Yankees lose too. I'm very divided about who I'd like to see lose more.

I really enjoyed last year when the Yankees had a 3 games to none lead in the ALCS and then had the biggest choke in the history of professional sports. [​IMG]

13. Plain Old Bill

Well at any rate the AL race is fun .

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very well could go down to the last day of the season.

15. Plain Old Bill

It looks like the Yankees have the edge this week.Thier games are at home where they are usually pretty strong.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Before last year's ALCS began, I thought that the Sox would sweep the Yankees. Of course they did, but certainly not in a way that anybody thought could be done. My gut instinct tells me that Wakefield, Schilling, Clement and Wells all come up big this week. I think that the Sox will not only win the division, but knock the Yankees out of the postseason altogether.

Besides Randy Johnson and Mussina, I just don't trust that the Yanks pitching staff has what it takes to win these games. The Sox are the only team to consistently beat Rivera. Finally, the Yankees have Alex Rodriguez, the "anti-Babe".

Or, I could be all wet. :cool:

17. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, the Sox wrapped up their division! Oops, my bad. That was the White Sox. I guess the Red ones will have to keep playing .500 ball and hope the Yankees can't get the team bus to start.

Salty, a Red Sox fan in New York? How'd you get past the guards?

[​IMG]

18. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think you are talking about the White Sox. As of last night The Red Sox magic number was 5 and the Yankee's magic number was 4.

19. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    The Yankees "magic number" will always be 3!

Yeah I know it was the WHITE Sox. I was still overcome by SALTY"S open disdain for the [​IMG]

20. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not a Yankees fan either.