1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boston mayor’s letter to Chick-fil-A: Stay out of Boston!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jul 26, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

On the heels of Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy's controversial public comments against same-sex marriage, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino fired off a letter to Cathy, urging him to abandon plans to expand the fast food chain to his city.

"In recent days you said Chick-fil-A opposes same-sex marriage and said the generation that supports it has 'an arrogant attitude,'" Menino wrote in a letter dated July 20 and published online Wednesday. "Now—incredibly—your company says you are backing out of the same-sex marriage debate. I urge you to back out of your plans to locate in Boston."

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Cathy said in a recent radio interview. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...-fil-menino-dan-cathy-201952237--finance.html

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

March forward Christian soldier. Don't break and don't bend. Maybe the companies that disagree with Boston and Chicago values should leave? Let them keep their religious discrimination whereby they think they can use elected office to dictate people's convictions.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

No believers allowed in Boston?