1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Both Candidates have Credibility Issues

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 7, 2008.

?

Who Is Telling the Truth?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2008.
  1. Clinto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Obama

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. McCain

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. None of them

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The older I get, the less surprises I trip over in my walk through life. Either Clinton and Obama are just out-and-out story tellers, or their lies are being noticed much more readily than their peers in past elections. Either way....it is evident that both of these candidates have a real problem with telling the "whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help them, God."

God is clearly exposing these two for the fakes that they are, and that should make it easier for those of us who want a candidate that is somewhat more truthful than the also rans of this election year.

The only problem I have with the Obama faithful is their readiness to "not believe" the truth about his lies. It seems that this man has some kind of spiritual power over his followers. A power [IMHO] that only a spirit of the Father of Lies could lend to one of his own.

I can only hope that America wakes up before the first Tuesday in November. We can't afford to elect any more presidents that say one thing, but mean something totally different.

What I have found interesting so far, is that Hillary is taking a beating for her fibs, while Obama seemingly gets a free pass from the majority of his followers.

Than there's McCain! He's flying so low under radar, that his errors will only come to surface during the general campaign period.

It looks more-and-more like Huckabee, or Ron Paul may have truly been better candidates, but, it seems like the general electorate prefers candidates that spin the truth, and tell fabrications of the truth to make them look better in the eyes and hearts of their followers.

My heart still believes Obama, in-spite of his hate-spewing pastor, will be our first black president. The problem is, we know no more about him than we did last year at this time. In the case of Obama, substance is fleeting, and it is working in his case.

There you have it...my opinions. Opinions that don't matter much to anyone but myself!

Shalom, and May God truly direct your heart to see the truth and vote with your mind, not your heart.

Pastor Paul :type:

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Get this thread somewhere else!

Mods, how about moving the thread to the "Politics" section, where it belongs?

Ed

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A good question!

Question: How can one tell when a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving! :(

Ed

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

:laugh: i was thinking the same thing!

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Both Candidates Have Credibility Issues"

Where's the "duh!" button?

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

All three are lying to get the job they want....

And as far as your comment about Ron Paul... You were right.. Of the choices we have now, Ron Paul would have been the best hands down!

Too bad the American people couldn't see through the lies before now. :rolleyes:

Jamie

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

He that is without sin toss the first rock... :tonofbricks:

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

How do you tell when Hillary is lying?

When Bill's lips are moving!!!!

Seriously, these two should team up and do stand up comedy. They are much better at making up ridiculous stories than telling the truth.

AJ