1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boycott Wal-Mart…

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jacob Dahlen, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Jacob Dahlen

Jacob Dahlen New Member

Wal-Mart sells the Plan B abortion pill witch effectively make them a provider of abortions. To that effect you should boycott any business that sells at provides birth control as they are also a provider of abortions…

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Do you have a list of all the national pharmacies that sell this? Or is Walmart the lone provider? If I boycott Walmart, this is the proverbial if, but if I boycott Walmart due to their selling of this drug, shouldn't I also boycott all drug stores selling it? And what are the prescription implications if all/most drug stores do sell it and I boycott?

Just wondering . . .

3. Jacob Dahlen

Jacob Dahlen New Member

I can't find a list of stores that sells the Plan B pill, but the idea is that the loss of custumers will get stores like Wal-Mart to stop selling the Plan B pill....I also add all birth control becouse by using birth control you are effectively causing an abortion by preventing a pregnancy in a unnatural way.

4. Satartia

Satartia New Member

Before you trounce Wal-mart, it is important to note that how they got in the news to begin with was their refusal to sell the drug. A state law required them to. Once that made the news, it became an international issue. Although I wish they had held firm, I understand how and why they made the decision.

5. standingfirminChrist

Satartia, you need to change your avatar. That is the pic of our beloved Barnabas J. Halo you are using.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

But if you don't know the other stores, then you'll only effect Walmart. I think, if you are going to take a stand on something like this, it should be a big one and not just a token one. Only boycotting one store selling a product is just a token.

AND if your stand is against all BC, then you have to boycott them all because they all sell BC. What will you do when you get sick and need an antibiotic?

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My understanding is that they sell it only in Massachusetts because they were forced to do so.

8. standingfirminChrist

Boycott Massachusetts!!

9. music4Him

music4Him New Member

The sad thing I see is alot of companies being strong armed into selling the Plan B abortion. I wouldn't be suprized if alot of Pharmisist(sp?) quit because of moral issues.
    In the doctors creed there is a sentence (If I remember correctly)
    "First do no harm..."
    Well what about the pharmisist......they arn't affored that choice because if they refuse they will probley compromise their job. So now they can sell a drug to abort a baby (and I believe a baby is a baby before its in a mothers womb because in the bible it says God knew men while/before they were in their mothers womb ~Selah), but if they sell a drug by accident be it though a label accident ect....and if said drug harms someone or kills a person then they are liable, but yet they are pressured to sell an abortion pill? It just don't make good since does it? [​IMG]

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boycott everything and everybody! This is a world of sin and we ultimate goody-2-shoosies should have no relations herewithal.

11. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

Comon guys I agree with Alcott [sarcasm] why not boycott Walmart, Kmart (oh yea it doesn't matter. [​IMG] ) Target, Home Depot, Lowes, JC Penny's, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and most importantly every Grocery Store Chain in America. Oh what the heck lets just boycott everyone that sins.[/sarcasm]

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I only see one person calling for a boycott though.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nobody needs to boycott Wal-Mart. Their stock is going down. Very few businesses last over 50 years.

14. standingfirminChrist

15. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I have no intention of boycotting Walmart.

I live in a small town and I can either shop at Walmart or waste a lot of gas driving to a big city 30 miles away. If Walmart is boycotted and they stop selling whatever that pill is, those who want to kill their baby will get the pill somewhere else.

The world was unbelievably evil in the days of Christ. Slavery was legal. Women were treated almost as if they were dirt. Political corruption. Meat was sacrificed to demons before it was sold.

Someone please list for me the scriptures where it shows that Christ banded His people together to boycott the demonic meat sellers, or to try and stamp out the slavery or abuse of women.

Tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...

As a matter of fact the scriptures tell us that Paul taught that if someone enjoyed the taste of that meat offered to demons...buy it! (and that was a religious issue)

My goodness folks there is only one way the evil in this world will be eliminated.

He will be returning in due time.

God bless,

Mike

16. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

I would if they produced anything that I wanted.

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Plan B isn't even an abortion pill. It won't work if the woman is already pregnant. It does prevent pregnancy, primarily by preventing ovulation, but if the woman has already ovulated, then by preventing implantation.

No pregnancy, no abortion.

18. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you support Muslims by buying gas from those companies who get their gas from the Middle East?